Original topic:

Problem with installing a 990 pro

(Topic created: 12-26-2023 12:42 AM)
atomicmelon1
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I recently bought a 990 pro (new) off Amazon for my pc that I’ve had for 3 years now. I made sure the parts are compatible and verified that as I’ve seen people install the 990 pro onto the same motherboard I have. What I don’t understand is when I go to install the 990 pro my computer then forgets about my old hard drives which windows was installed on and forces itself to be the only detectable drive. When I install it either with my other ssd that has windows on it (model- ADATA Premier SP550 SSD) or on its own it shows this error- 

image.jpg

When I only have my ADATA Premier SP550 SSD installed and not the new 990 PRO it works fine. Why can’t I have both drives working at the same time? Why does it have to be one or the other and why does the 990 pro force my pc for forget about any and all other hard drives connected to my pc? 
Any/all help is greatly appreciated : )  I’ve been stuck on this for quite a while now haha. 

other hard drives on my pc besides the 990 PRO I just bought 

(WDC WD10EZEX-60WN4A0) 

(ADATA Premier SP550 SSD) - THIS IS THE ONE WITH WINDOWS 

Oh and yes I did check my BIOS to see the boot order. 
pictures of this are below 

why the 990 pro was connected along with the ADATA Premier SP550 SSD that has windows on it—

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pics of the same areas when I DO NOT have the new 990 PRO installed. Just my ADATA Premier SP550 SSD that has windows on it. And my other HDD drive (the WDC one) as seen for some reason they only show up to my pc when the 990 pro isn’t plugged in. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 Reply
cafyon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Monitors and Memory

May I learn the motherboard model?

860 Pro 4 TB
870 Evo 250 GB
970 Pro 1 TB
PM893 7.68 TB