News and Announcements

[OFFICIAL] The ALL-NEW Quick Share Feature

Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options

Have you tried the ALL-NEW Quick Share experience on the One UI 4.0 operating system?

Previously, Quick Share was a feature that allowed you to quickly share content with Galaxy devices nearby.

With the new Quick Share, you can now share content without having to be nearby through the link sharing feature, and you can quickly share content with non-Galaxy devices as well.

You can also convert files to video formats compatible with the device you are sharing with before sending them.

For more details, please see below:

1.  Share links with people nearby (Galaxy/non-Galaxy) using QR codes

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.05.56 AM.png

① In Quick Share, under “Share as link”, tap “Share as QR code”.

② A QR code that you can share with people nearby will appear.

③ Scan the QR code using the device you are sharing with, then click the link.

④ You can see the content that has been shared, and you can download it as well.

2. Share links with users that are far away (Galaxy/non-Galaxy) using favorite apps

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.06.12 AM.png

① In Quick Share, under “Share as link”, tap “Share with app”.

② When you select an app to share a link with, the link is shared with that app.

③ By clicking the shared link, you can see the content and download it.

3. Share videos in a resolution optimized for the device you are sharing with using the video format conversion feature

Screen Shot 2021-11-19 at 10.06.32 AM.png

① Tap [More > Settings] at the top right of the Quick Share screen.

② Turn on “Convert videos to compatible format” in Settings.

The video will be shared after it is automatically converted to a format and resolution that can be viewed on the device you are sharing with.

For more information on Quick Share and it's many uses, click here!

We will continue to do our best to provide more convenient sharing experiences through Quick Share!

Enjoy 🙂

95 Comments
RSF
Astronaut
Options
I also do not have the update yet..
Baby65
Astronaut
Options
Can I use this as a tex comunicacion whit an IPhone?
DebJac57
Asteroid
Options
Wnen is the note 20 ultra get that update
Chopemupgood
Asteroid
Options
Still waiting and have 21 Ultra.
Official_celeb01
Astronaut
Options
My Samsung galaxy s20 ultra not updated yet
Neo5
Cosmic Ray
Options
S20 Ultra no update.
userXDHowxlWnj
Asteroid
Options
Why can't I get the beta Update? Unlocked fold3
Jeffw45
Astronaut
Options
Still have not got up date to Android 12
Jennyy24
Constellation
Options

How do I know if I was successful/????

TNTSr
Astronaut
Options
Thank you
biscuit01
Constellation
Options
You pay all this money to have a great phone and no update yet note 20ultra user
userHF93W4cZnS
Asteroid
Options
Anyone waiting for the Android 12 update please keep waiting. Don't do it. My s21 ultra got the update. I can't use any apps. They just crash and a I get a pop that the apps contain bugs. Can't use yahoo email. Phone stutters when it scrolls. Nothing but issues and Samsung had no fix. I have spoken to them 3 times. Their solution is to wait for an update to fix this one. Please Google and see all the issues. If you haven't gotten the update yet consider yourself lucky because I have a phone that I can use to make calls and that's about it. Text messages are delayed. Apps crash there is nothing good about this update.
PhamouePhil
Astronaut
Options
All I want is for Google to UNLOCK my screen so I can watch football

COOLTOOLFOOL
Astronaut
Options
Quick share is nice. Makes sending files easy. Now can we have the one ui 4 beta for note 20 users? And the raw camera app?
Amgadghobrial
Astronaut
Options
Hi Samsung team
After updated to one UI 4 upgrade Android 12 some app isnot working good it was working good before this update alot of bug please fix this issue
My smart watch tinwoo software not working my app for church not working
Please I need a help
user4e0zFLmB6Z
Constellation
Options
I have the s21 ultra with att no update yet
Mr_Fearless
Astronaut
Options
I thought this would be great when sending videos to iphone users but they all tell me they can't view the videos.
userI5hJba92Ww
Constellation
Options
No update yet s21 ultra disappointing
Haha73
Astronaut
Options
I wonder why I haven't recieved the ui 4.0 update?
Lexxwellness
Astronaut
Options
Excellent!!! Was trying to find a way to send my own company promo video..watced a few tuturial videos various places a few weeks ago mind numb. It's 3min so for Established clients.
Cut It obviously. However, nothing 'official' on Samsung. I really don't want to mess up my phone
Some tutorials 25nin long.
Phone is newer . I wasn't trusting info. Seems either somethings to be good to be true :up_arrow: Samsung would release info. OR fishy. It was easy peasy . ❤Thanks Sammy..
PS. Feedback on iPhone did my own beta. seemed dependent on model. Samsung can confirm.
OR MY BETA (team) not paying attention. We 🤣 to much under my watch. EXCATLY HOW I LIKE IT! 👩‍💻💫
Bigdogbuster
Astronaut
Options
I have the Galaxy Z Fold 3 I purchased from T Mobile and my phone has UI 3 Android 11 I wold like to update to UI 4 Android 12 but can't why?
Lilak
Asteroid
Options
I would love the fold 3 that cost way to much to play games at 60 fps and don't have a app open at same time 35 fps on genshin impact my note 20 ultra plays it at 58 60 fps with YouTube playing I feel ripped off oo and yes I put note 20 ultra in 1440p to still 60 fps with max settings **bleep**
djmysterious
Astronaut
Options
Only the Beta is out for unlocked phones and not all phones will get the update yet now stop asking about where is the 12 update samsung is only in the beta stage wait till the end of the month
Stan49
Cosmic Ray
Options
No because I don't have One UI4 yet
Ozzier13
Constellation
Options
I have the n20 5g and the texting app is not making any sound when texting, called Samsung for advised on the issue to no avail, anyone have this issue?, Samsung sucks!!
Ozzier13
Constellation
Options
I'm thinking of getting a IPhone 13 instead, for the money I paid for this phone, should not have this problem.
LGtrz1126
Astronaut
Options
When is the note 20 ultra 5g getting the android 12 update ?
userhRyXXFHPXn
Constellation
Options
Bought a note 20 ultra, traded in an old phone and got $1000 off through at&t just to try out android again after switching to iPhone when iPhone 6 came out. Reasons like this and google, is why I will never give up my iPhone. Samsung just shoots themselves in the foot time and time again.
MannyFreshATL
Asteroid
Options
This helped me. It is just a different way to complete the link sharing. Before it used to be a share option, now you go through quick share to select how you want to share the link via text or other app method, then it creates the same link!
Redneck-c
Astronaut
Options
Can you add the a52 plz
Arraheim
Astronaut
Options
I need my phones software updated
userdNEDDI16VD
Constellation
Options
My phone now is terrible some apps don't work as always with this update!!! Please what happened
April-Clark-1
Astronaut
Options
When does the one ui 4.0 beta update for the Note 20 rolling out? I'm ready
artsr2002
Asteroid
Options
Still waiting for beta for S20 FE. 😞
NoteMan12
Astronaut
Options
Still waiting on the ui 4 update for my note 20 ultra
userJCTClVjciO
Constellation
Options
Still no update, I'm on T-Mobile and unlocked
cmayne
Asteroid
Options
When is s20 ultra going to be updated
MSTOTBS
Astronaut
Options
Update for my SGA02
hesav
Astronaut
Options
How to transfer entire photo gallery
userjgEzsps6pG
Constellation
Options
I can't install it
killer21
Astronaut
Options
My a21 has not had a update yet
Breezi01
Astronaut
Options
How can I make it so that members are able to hop on my device and still maintain the coral.
Phone is a galaxy A-02
Runs a droid 11 build with UI - core 3.

Everything should be set on systems software for 12 or higher and all eight lauchers load and lite up.
Jeffreynevrotsk
Cosmic Ray
Options
Why dont my note 20 work with my VR gear?
Skipps
Astronaut
Options
I AM WAITING for THE UP DATE TOO
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy flip 3 tmobile here and i check 4 times a day still no update. S20s get in line they already said flip and fold being newer will get it first and we are clearly still waiting.....