JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AR Emojis won't update since recent update

(Topic created: 11-29-2022 05:53 PM)
JuJuRachel
Constellation
Options
Note20

Since I updated my phone yesterday, my AR emojis won't update. Also, I do use the call background AR but since the update that too doesn't work. Did they remove it or is it just mine that doesn't work?

5 Replies
LeDyv
Galaxy
Options
Note20
Mine seems to be working with no problem.
0 Likes
userdAqFZcwgt4
Constellation
Options
Note20
I'm having the same problem I can't use my emoji on the call background or lock screen or make edits.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Note20

Hey there! I can definitely understand how frustrating it is when your device isn't working how it was intended to. Let's try a couple of troubleshooting steps, so we can see if that will fix the AR emojis. 

To create or edit AR emojis, follow the steps here: https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/how-to-use-the-emoji-feature-on-your-galaxy-phone/ 

Once you have saved the new emoji or the edits, select AR Emoji Stickers in the AR Zone app.

Select the menu in the top corner. 

Select Update to latest emoji.

Deselect the "All" option at the top.

Try selecting just the stickers, and select Save.

Repeat the steps, updating the GIFs individually.

Next, let's go ahead and clear the cache partition of the device. You can do that by 

1. Ensuring the device is powered off. If the device is unresponsive/frozen, press and hold the. Power button. 
2. Press and hold the. Volume Up button. 
3. While continuing to hold the. Home. 
4. Select. wipe cache partition. 
5. Select. reboot system now.

If your AR Emoji's still are not working properly after clearing the cache we can try doing a factory data reset. First, make sure that your data is backed up so you don't lose anything and then you can reset the device by 

1. From Settings, search for and select Factory data reset.
2. Next, tap Factory data reset again, and then review the information.
3. When you're ready, swipe to and tap Reset.
4. If you have a security lock set on the phone, you will be asked to enter the credentials.

If you've gone through the factory data reset and they still are not working properly, i would suggest submitting an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports. 

HoneydewMilan
Constellation
Options
Note20
Same. I have to update stickers one at a time if I want the changes to reflect 🙄
0 Likes
Magnus7864
Astronaut
Options
Note20
My AR emoji on call background and lock screen will not work either.
0 Likes