Original topic:

Chat features not working

(Topic created: a month ago)
Alieb
Astronaut
Options
Note20

So ever since they enabled chat features on note 20 ultra it hadn't worked for the longest like It didn't matter if I was an iphone or android I was typing too just didn't work. I wouldn't be able to see them texting or other read recipets. My friend  Recently got a brand new Samsung 8 and now when we text each other I can see her typing and her read status. from that I've come to the assumption that you'll only get chat features if the other person has a brand new updated android phone. Which Makes it kind of limited if all of your Contacts don't have androids new and updated. If they do and it still doesn't work, tell them to update their Software

4 Replies
Je655
Sun
Options
Note20
They could also download Google messages to enable chat features on an older device.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging
0 Likes
StimmyPizza
Nebula
Options
Note20
Get Truecaller and see if it works for all your contacts. It has an option to send either as a chat or an sms and in the app settings you can toggle read receipts etc
0 Likes
Je655
Sun
Options
Note20
Apples imessage is a proprietary software that can only be used on apple products. So unless Apple changes something then android to iPhone chat features will not work.
0 Likes
Alieb
Astronaut
Options
Note20
It kinda does. When an iphone likes or doesn't like or question marks one of my texts, I get those notifications in my message thread
0 Likes