Original topic:

Experiencing my texts jumping when typing in a search bar

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 02:50 PM)
mamacaniac
Astronaut
Options
Note20

I've tried all of the different Droid keyboards and the same issue arises. When I begin to type in a search the cursor jumps to the top of the page like there's a glitch. I'm not sure I know how to describe this better. I've tried all sorts of selecting and deselecting and the problem is still there. I've had my note 20 ultra over a year and this problem started this year. Any  known remedies would be appreciated.

Thx.
0 Likes
2 Replies
Options
Note20
Since you stated this issue occurs with a number of different keyboard apps I'll skip the troubleshooting suggestions for app-specific problems and approach it as a software bug.
My go to would be to do a partition cache clear. Here are the steps:
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note-20/wipe-cache/
This is a good method for cleaning out the bugs that sometimes come with OS (operating system) and security updates. See if this helps.

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Supernova
Options
Note20

if Belay's suggestion helped then awesome 🙂

otherwise if you are still having the issue, then I suggest you submit an error report using the Samsung Members app after reproducing the issue once more.

It might be something related to phone detecting ghost touch, hence bringing the 'cursor' to the top ... or software issue with the keyboard or the app... either way the samsung engineers may be able to look into and find the cause.

could you share the device's model number, software version and the app you are seeing the issue if it's just a specific app that is showing this?

0 Likes