JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Frankensteining Different Phones

(Topic created: 08-04-2022 06:33 AM)
Waller
Astronaut
Options
Note20
As the movement for the Right to Repair has made more headlines this past year, I was wondering whether it was possible or not for a Note20 Ultra, which has a weak 10MP front facing camera, to be replaced with an upgraded 40MP unit from the S20 Ultra, S21 Ultra, and S22 Ultra.
Without doing much deep research, I think I found the answer to that question.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20
Even if the packaging was the same, the hardware would have different address for binary and most likely couldn't be compatible unless you wrote the code for it
0 Likes
Solution
Yamialex224
Honored Contributor
Options
Note20
It doesn't matter those are 2 different phones and have 2 different sensors and hardware
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@Waller You would need to research the physical and electrical connections. Also, the physical dimensions of the camera, connector, and PCB would have to be similar.

Just because it uses the same physical connector does not mean that:

• The pins are connecting the same phone to camera signal.
  • The firmware on the phone can control this other camera. 
  • The firmware on the phone will actually download 40 MP of data. It may stop when it gets the 10 MP of data it is expecting. 

So, lots of things to check out. Of course, you could always take the risk and just connect it up and see what happens. 

meesha1118
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I have a Samsung S21 and when I try to open my SMS , it just flashes and says error occurred, try again. If have rebooted my phone 3 times, no help.
0 Likes