Original topic:

I discovered the wonders of connectivity using SmartThings

(Topic created: 10-14-2021 08:47 PM)
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20

SmartThings was a pretty useless app to me until I discovered the wonders of connectivity. I've recently paired my TV, and let me tell you- it's awesome. I'm able to control my TV, set it up to turn on with an alarm, automate it to turn on and off when I come and go, I even timed myself coming into the geofence and set it to turn on 5 minutes from the time I enter, so I'm in the house already before it turns on. When I can't find my remote, or just don't feel like getting it, I'm able to use my phone, which I find myself doing more and more anyhow. It's very convenient.

10 Replies
melaniBedgood
Astronaut
Options
Note20
ok I just want you to find out
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
Find out what
0 Likes
I5HGate
Astronaut
Options
Note20
What do you mean by geofence. I've heard it before but do you mind telling me about it.
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
Geofence is the perimeter in which your network can detect you getting home. So like say some people's geofence is 3 houses wide, in a circle from their house. How my place is set up, it takes me like 5 minutes to get in the house from when I enter my geofence, so my TV and lights are just coming on as I get in the door
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
So I can set it up to turn on when I come home, but say, not turn off the tv when I leave if my gf is there. It can also be set up for different welcome routines. I might come home and it turns on the lights and tv. She may want the lights, the radio, and the shower to come on.
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
The blue area around the black pin is my geofence Screenshot_20211016-174253_Canary.jpg
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
SmartThings will alert me when I or anyone in my network, say, my girlfriend comes and goes.
I5HGate
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Cool. Thank you for the quick response. I'm gonna look into it. I wonder if you can see the traffic that comes through your geofence. I'm gonna look it up. You've been a great help. You seem very knowledgeable on these tech devices. I seen you talking about some beta on another post. I need to do some homework.
Mayze
Comet
Options
Note20
Thanks man.
0 Likes