JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is anyone thinking about upgrading to the Fold 3 from Note 20 Ultra?

(Topic created: 09-14-2021 05:40 PM)
Odice
Asteroid
Options
Note20

Anybody think upgrading to Fold 3 from Note 20 Ultra is a good idea?

0 Likes
10 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@Odice That is really a hard question to answer and the answer is different for different people.

My daily driver was a Note 20 Ultra. I decided that it was time to try the Fold so I bought the Z Fold 3. I have had my Z Fold 3 now for 2 weeks and it is my daily driver. The wide screen experience is just so amazing. Not only for watching content but also a big productivity lift having multiple apps open at once and working between them. The sound is just amazing, from content and even speaker phone mode. 

Some things that I miss from the Note 20 Ultra:

• Zoom on camera -- The cameras on the Z Fold 3 are good but just don't have the monster zoom that the Note 20 Ultra does. 
  • Built-in S Pen. -- But the S Pen for the Z Fold 3 is bigger and feels more natural since it is more standard pen/pencil size. So it is a trade off. 
Odice
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I went and checked it out at the store today for the first time. I thought it was pretty cool. Now just trying to get input from Note users that made that jump.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20
Also
The Premium glass feel of the Note. Pen on plastic doesn't feel good
DickBee
Halo
Options
Note20
I actually canceled my $586.24 order for the Fold 3 (with two trade credits - including my Note 20 Ultra). My reasons were my mobile use, which includes considerable tablet time, and the requirement to make the Fold even larger to have a case that would hold the S pen.

I may change my mind for the Fold 4 depending on whether there is a Note 22 Ultra or if the Fold 4 houses the S pen.

I have not regretted that decision, but your mileage may vary.
Thronnos
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I refuse to. The fold is NOT for everyone. My day to day, a foldable phone just doesn't work. I'm not able to unfold the device while at work and use 2 hands to do stuff, plus if I need the stylus, that's an extra hand now for what amounts to a tablet. I won't reward Samsung for canceling the Note that had a perfect form factor and design.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Note20
No!
userzLr3AWX3wR
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I did and I love it.
GaryFunk
Asteroid
Options
Note20
I bought the Z-Fold 3 and used it for five days. I'm now back on the Note20 Ultra 5G.
Note20ultraxx
Astronaut
Options
Note20
I bought the fold 3 last Friday and returned it by Tuesday. Prior to the fold 3 I had the note 10 plus. I now have the note 20 ultra and ZERO regrets on returning the fold 3. 😊