I have however purchased the fold 3 because there was no note series this year and I was curious if the fold could be a note replacement seeing that it now had S-Pen support.
I must say so far I am surprised by how much I am liking it.
Let me share some of the differences that I am having to get used to.
1. No pen support on the front screen ( so no quick jotting down of phone number etc.)
2. Limited edge panels apps ( with no apps store available)
3. No built-in pen ( pens are sold separately and they are device specific and you will have to find a way to carry it)
4. The battery life is not as good ( for obvious reasons dual screens)
The thing the fold does better for sure and that is viewing content ( spreadsheets, documents and movies/ video )
Oh yeah, wireless Dex is a plus
Anyway, everyday I am discovering more like, dislikes and work around.
The fold is no note but I believe in about 2 or 3 more updates it will find its place... cheers :clinking_beer_mugs:
@Odice That is really a hard question to answer and the answer is different for different people.
My daily driver was a Note 20 Ultra. I decided that it was time to try the Fold so I bought the Z Fold 3. I have had my Z Fold 3 now for 2 weeks and it is my daily driver. The wide screen experience is just so amazing. Not only for watching content but also a big productivity lift having multiple apps open at once and working between them. The sound is just amazing, from content and even speaker phone mode.
Some things that I miss from the Note 20 Ultra:
- Zoom on camera -- The cameras on the Z Fold 3 are good but just don't have the monster zoom that the Note 20 Ultra does.
- Built-in S Pen. -- But the S Pen for the Z Fold 3 is bigger and feels more natural since it is more standard pen/pencil size. So it is a trade off.
I may change my mind for the Fold 4 depending on whether there is a Note 22 Ultra or if the Fold 4 houses the S pen.
I have not regretted that decision, but your mileage may vary.