JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Issues with Samsung Pay on note 20

(Topic created: 10-25-2021 06:05 PM)
Larryb1
Explorer
Options
Note20

why is Samsung pay not working on my note 20 ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Thank you for that information. The next step would be for you to reach out to our Samsung pay team directly at 1-844-726-7297 for the best assistance.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
21 Replies
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Turn off wifi and use mobile data coercion
0 Likes
Larryb1
Explorer
Options
Note20
it's not allowing me to open the ap it says not compatable on my device that's so dumb
Nydominirican187
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
That's weird... I have the note 20 ultra and it works on mine. Have you gone to the galaxy app store to see if there's an update or if you could uninstall and reinstall?
0 Likes
Larryb1
Explorer
Options
Note20
yes
0 Likes
iamblue
Supernova
Options
Note20

submit an error report 

Samsung Members app > + Button > Error report

0 Likes
Larryb1
Explorer
Options
Note20
this is what I getScreenshot_20211026-072638_Samsung Pay.jpg
Nydominirican187
Cosmic Ray
Options
Note20
That's crazy... if you go to settings and then samsung pay, does is it say "allowed" under the change system settings? If not, try to change it to allow and see... If it does say that, then I would clear the cache and data under the storage settings for the Samsung Pay app. AND... if that doesn't work, I'm out of ideas and I would just contact Samsung to make sure that everything is good on their end. Hope you get the issue resolved. Good luck.Screenshot_20211026-112731_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20211026-112742_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Note20

Hello! Have you ever been able to use Samsung Pay on this phone? Please take a moment to check that there is only one Samsung Pay app on the device. Is the software on the device up to date? Is this an international device?

Please try wiping the cache partition:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
  3. When the Samsung logo displays, release the Side key but continue holding Volume Up.
  4. When the Android Recovery screen appears, release Volume Up.
  5. An 'Installing system update' message may show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  6. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  7. Press Power key to select.
  8. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  9. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  10. Press the Power key to restart the device.
0 Likes
Larryb1
Explorer
Options
Note20
no I have never been able to use it and there I'd one app on the phone and software is up to date not international device bought in the US ill try to clear cache haven't got it to work yet when I do the steps it just boots up!
0 Likes