JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Random characters on received messages

(Topic created: 04-11-2021 01:25 PM)
userxFbxINATND
Astronaut
Options
Note20

Random character show up after every message I get now. They always start with the ~ symbol and it's random characters from there. I know these people are do not have signatures and are not using emojis that my phone wouldn't recognize.

Screenshot_20210411-162121_Messages.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Try putting your phone into Safe Mode and texting someone and see if this still occurs? If it doesn't Id recommend clearing the cache in all of your apps. If this still happens in Safe Mode id recommend Factory Resetting your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

4 Replies
Solution
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Try putting your phone into Safe Mode and texting someone and see if this still occurs? If it doesn't Id recommend clearing the cache in all of your apps. If this still happens in Safe Mode id recommend Factory Resetting your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userxFbxINATND
Astronaut
Options
Note20
Clearing the cache seemed to help. Thank you
AG6
Nebula
Options
Note20
So what happened with Rodger
GeorgeBrager209
Product Expert
Options
Note20

Sometimes data stored from 3rd party apps can effect the functions of your device or even other apps. Its always a good idea to clear the caches of your device regularly to prevent odd things like this from occurring.

0 Likes