Original topic:

Where is the NFC sensor located in the Galaxy S20 FE?

(Topic created: 09-23-2021 03:33 AM)
1315dragonflies
Constellation
Options
Note20

Where exactly is the NFC sensor located in the Galaxy S20 FE? I just recently started using Google Pay and it only works sometimes, and if I can figure out where the sensor is so that I can position my phone correctly, maybe I won't have so many issues? According to Google Pay FAQ, I can simply unlock my phone to complete the transaction; I don't even have to open the pay app at all. But so far that has done nothing. I have to be physically in the app and on the page with the card on the screen that I'm trying to pay with. 

0 Likes
11 Replies
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
You can check the location of the nfc sensor for Samsung devices on this page
https://www.samsung.com/hk_en/nfc-support/
s20-fe.png
0 Likes
1315dragonflies
Constellation
Options
Note20
So the NFC antenna is located inside the battery?
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Its apart of the copper coil that you use for wireless charging
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
I thought the copper cool is used as antenna and for wireless charging
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20
Here is a news article by Samsung that explains how it works on an older model.

https://news.samsung.com/global/everything-you-need-to-know-about-samsungs-newest-nfc

"The high RF performance is one of the things that makes the Samsung’s new NFC special. For example, NFC communicates through the magnetic fields created by the electric charges that pass the antenna’s coil. RF is what creates and processes these magnetic fields."
0 Likes
TheGalaxy
Neutron Star
Options
Note20
Thanks
0 Likes
Je655
Red Giant
Options
Note20

Here are all the sensors on your device

device-layout.png

0 Likes
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Note20

@1315dragonflies Do you have anything magnetic or metal attached to the back of the phone? That can interfere with the NFC signal. 

0 Likes
1315dragonflies
Constellation
Options
Note20
I just have a thin metal adhesive plate on the inside of my case but that's all.
0 Likes