Original topic:

All Samsung phones should have a 75% Max charge mode.

(Topic created: 12-05-2021 02:01 PM)
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Better yet, you can configure how much percentage you want your phone charged. I have to constantly check my phone percentage and make sure it does not go over 80 or better 75 percent and I don't know why these features are on your devices that don't even allow us to easilly replace the battery. Some of your devices do this, Apple does this, so why isn't this an option on my Galaxy A51 or A52?

Having your phone 75% charged is better for your phone's battery and is useful when you don't need a whole charge per day. Keeping your phone plugged in at 80 is also better while using it easpecially while gaming because when it charges from 99% to 100% and repeats this cycle will significantly lower battery performance over time.
0 Likes
19 Replies
Natey
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I usually start charging at 15% or lower (sometimes even 5%), and stop charging when it hits 100%.

I don't keep phones more than 3 years, and have not noticed too much degradation in battery life.
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
https://www.androidauthority.com/maximize-battery-life-882395/

This is a good article with good practices. You may not think you need to care, but it's still a cool read
0 Likes
GalaxyMouse
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
There is this app called AccuBattery on the play store where you can set a notification for when your phone gets to the max charge limit you set. It also tells other info about your battery, it's pretty useful.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yes, but that's the same as me checking on the phone and unplugging it though. Can't say that it's useless, but I don't need it since I can see the charge on Always On Display. The problem is that I want to just keep my phone plugged in at 80% while using it and not constantly fumble with unplugging it and plugging it back in to maintain 50-80% charge. It's annoying and it also heats up more instead of just having it stay at 80% for instance.
0 Likes
GalaxyMouse
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
It's possible to set a charge limit on rooted phones via certain applications, but I don't recommend it.
0 Likes
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Yeah but that's rooted. I mean if you can do it with root then Samsung should do it as well. Unless they are making these with planned obsolescence 🙄
GalaxyMouse
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
As an ex iPhone user, I can say that Planned Obsolescence is a very real thing, and I noticed it on every iPhone I've owned. Every update from Apple would either slow down the phone, or absolutely destroy the battery life for no apparent reason, especially the week before a new iPhone was coming out. Just glad Samsung phones aren't down to that low of a level. Anyways I'd worry more about not letting the phone hit 0% than to charge over 80%
GalaxyMouse
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices
But I agree, Samsung should put the charge limit option on all of their devices.
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Also I would rather have something like that be open source.
0 Likes