Original topic:

How can I download pictures to my computer (PC) from my Galaxy A53?

(Topic created: 11-22-2022 01:56 PM)
user6ueBVmp8Sf
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Galaxy A53.  How do I download pictures to my computer  (PC) from my phone.  Got a cable plugged it in but nothing comes up to download.  Thanks

8 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You must browse through your phones contents on the pc while it's plugged in. You should get a message when you plug it in to use as charging or data. Choose data then browse files using explorer. Once you've found your pictures just cut/paste them onto your pc.
user6ueBVmp8Sf
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I get no message when I plug it in.  Is there a difference in connecting cables?  One for data and one for charging?  Using a regular ? cable, A at one end, C in the other.  By the way, using windows 10

Don't have to browse, can go directly to pictures ?

Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Are you able to browse your phones contents at all after you've plugged it in to the pc?
0 Likes
user6ueBVmp8Sf
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Not sure what you mean by browse.   With the phone off, plug in and  I can go to camera (and all the other things) and bring up the pictures..  After that ????

The problem, I think, is getting the computer to recognize the phone

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
The phone needs to be on before being plugged into the pc. I just emptied my phone before upgrading to 13.

I turn the phone on. Plug it into the pc. I get a message on the phone do I want to allow access to the pc. Click allow. Then you should be able to browse your phones contents on your pc.
0 Likes
user6ueBVmp8Sf
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I don't get any message

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
I would think it would be but your phone may not be able to be plugged into the pc to transfer files. A family member has a phone that also can't do this.

You can try using telegram to send the pictures to yourself then also install telegram on the pc to download the photos. It'll take longer but it works.
0 Likes
user6ueBVmp8Sf
Asteroid
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Thanks anyway for your help

0 Likes