Original topic:

Website preview for links in SMS not showing

(Topic created: 09-22-2022 08:02 PM)
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices

Galaxy A13 5G. Not sure if this is a Android issue or Samsung issue but when a link is sent in a text message, a preview of the webpage for that link is no longer displayed in messages. I would think this would be a security concern and a person could send a message with a fake link that appears to be a link to a safe website when the actual address of the link contains malicious content. 

0 Likes
7 Replies
bkmelas
Comet
Options
Other Mobile Devices
You can see the links when you have that person in your contacts and as long as the setting is enable on your text's settings
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Samsung Messages is SMS and MMS text messaging, which is 1990s and 2000s tech. Never did it. Never will. It can't. Switch to Google Messages or Textra.
0 Likes
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Nah I'd rather not use more Google products. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought my other Samsung showed a thumbnail when a link was sent. Owell. Thanks.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Thumbnail? Yeah, Samsung Messages on my s10+ does that with most links. You're not wrong there. I have RCS with AT&T.
0 Likes
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
So which is it? First you said samsung messages never did and never will, now you say samsung messages does do it on your s10. And this is part of the reason I hate Samsung, they rely on the general public of other samsung users to provide help and support instead of having a accessible and searchable database of support and/or actual samsung employees that can provide support and/or answer support questions. Granted I know that a lot of questions asked are layman questions that could be answered with a quick look in the user manual for the device.
0 Likes
DanG92263
Neutron Star
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Sorry, for the confusion. If the link is SMS and not RCS, than you won't see a preview. The issue is with the carrier, not Samsung.

90% of the questions here could be answered with a simple web search or a search on YouTube. Most of them are the same questions over and over. Some are just complaints, the rest are spam. I can see why Samsung doesn't want to waist their time and money with employees here.
JasonWTIue4zNch
Cosmic Ray
Options
Other Mobile Devices
Wasn't familiar with RCS when I asked the question. I am now. I blame that on im getting old and the 10 year battle with the cable broadband provider over the 6 tenths of a mile that prevents broadband internet on my street.
0 Likes