JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

CNN GO on my smart tv

(Topic created: 04-03-2020 03:26 AM)
userv7nscwdkvd
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have the 2019 43" smart Qled tv and I cant get CNN GO app.  Please update the app software so we can access this especially with the pandemic going on

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Unfortunately, the apps provided in the store come from the developers. You can contact CNN's website to see if they plan to release a compatible app.

View solution in context

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

If the CNNGo app is not shown in the store on your television, this would mean that CNN has not provided a compatible version for your television.

userv7nscwdkvd
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

That's too bad as I just purchased the qled 43 inch a couple months ago.  Is there any way for samsung to do an update so cnn go work?

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Unfortunately, the apps provided in the store come from the developers. You can contact CNN's website to see if they plan to release a compatible app.

usercV3BAJr3F0
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is a lame response. Why doesn't Samsung make a translator so that all apps are available on all TV's?

I shouldn't have buy a particular TV jsut to get a particular app

AND

Developers shouldn't have to develop a unique app for EVERY ONE of your TVs....

Fix this please...

Same problem on - (SAMSUNG 65-inch Class Crystal UHD TU-8000 Series - 4K UHD HDR Smart TV with Alexa Built-in (UN65TU8000FXZA, 2020 Model))

userAyOtGHdncN
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is so lame. I just bought this exact tv today and I'm wondering why i can't get CNN... I am returning this tv tomorrow. 

userk2seJ8oFiI
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Agree "lame" it may be our problem but Samsungs fault. I'm sure folks will consider when making future purchase dessions or when reccomdations 👎👎👎

userk6RgFZxkZx
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is the stupidest thing ever.

the fact that my $1700 TV cant have simple apps that a 30$ stick has is ridiculous. Its political bull poop. And Samsung is just being penny pinchers. They are trying to force people to use their new tv streaming services. Boooooooo

usero6ensQtx8N
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just got an 82 inch Black Friday purchase. Extremely disappointed that the CNN app isn't available. Such a common app  I would've never known to check if its available on Samsung. I'm glad I didn't throw out the box, I'm going to have to return the TV. 

Akyuragaz
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
agreed! this is ridiculous!