Original topic:

Clicking sound before & after every commercial

(Topic created: 11-13-2021 09:51 AM)
userUagEqbxlu5
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well here's my issue:

Have had same cable box for over a year. IWe have 2 Samsung TV's this issue is only on the new TV we purchased June 2021 We purchased a Samsung - 75" Class 7 Series LED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV. We did complete setup. TV is hooked to Samsung sound bar. While watching live tv or recorded programs I get a clicking sound from TV before & after every commercial & I lose my sound on sound bar for bout 4 seconds before audio returns. This happens many times during streaming.

Next we had Samsung techs out the first time & they changed the mother board with same issue of clicking. We had techs out another two times with no answers so they agreed to replace TV. We decided to pay the difference & upgrade to a Samsung - 75" Class Q60A Series QLED 4K UHD Smart Tizen TV.

Replacement TV was delivered on 11/10 & completed setup. (SAME ISSUE) as stated above. I then contacted our cable company & they walk me thru all the problem steps 2 or 3 times. (SAME ISSUE) as stated above. Cable company replaced our cable box. (SAMG ISSUE) as stated above. 

Talked with Samsung again this time I explained what drastic measure we have gone to to rid of this nuisance click/loss of sound. Lady tech said it was our older sound bar. We replaced it with a Samsung - 3.1-Channel Sound bar with Wireless Subwoofer and Dolby Digital 5.1/DTS Virtual:X. (SAME ISSUE) 

Any help would be appreciated on putting this audio issue behind us!

2 Replies
MochaVex
Supernova
Options
QLED and The Frame
Get a soundbar that doesn't auto-power off (most older ones)

I have a Polk soundbar that shuts off if it doesn't think the audio is loud enough to keep it turned on (regardless of the volume I set).
Solution
userUagEqbxlu5
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I solved the problem! It was the power surge protector provided by Xfinity. I have attached a photo.

Tv was pugged into control. When TV is turned on it activated power to the green outlets. 

With the new TV tech there is a sound sensor in them that senses no sound & shuts down for a mila second causing sound bar to shut down & restart! Sound bar has to be on its own power source. Thank you for your help!

IMG_5919[6126] (2).jpg