Original topic:

HDMI Problem

(Topic created: 11-21-2021 10:01 AM)
userpAM0IJuQ0k
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I recently purchased a new Qled TV and when my nephew hooked it up he discovered all but one HDMI ports were able to take brand new HDMI cables. He thought there was a  a big problem so we returned the TV and got another one and the same issue occurred. This  is aggravating when you spend a lot of money you expect things to work. I just notified Samsung and the will be sending a technician out next week to look at the problem. It's weird that 1 HDMI imput works and the other 2 don't. And I don't mean the ARC port which I am not using.

0 Likes
2 Replies
LongHiker
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
QLED and The Frame

@userpAM0IJuQ0k Which model TV are you discussing?

Can you give more detail on what "all but one HDMI ports were able to take brand new HDMI cables" means? 

0 Likes
userpAM0IJuQ0k
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I  bought the 50" Neo Qled TV. The picture is beautiful but when my nephew tried to hook up HDMI 1 and 3 the connector would not take the cable connection. He was stumped because he said an HDMI cable is an HDMI cable.  We were able to connect my Spectrum  cable box but not the other connections and this was the second TV with the same problem. HDMI 2 was something called the Arc connection which I don't need to bother with. On Friday he called Samsung and explained the issue and they are sending a technician out to look at the problem. My last TV was a Vizio, which was 10 years old and that's why my nephew said it was time for a new one so I went to Amazon and bought the Samsung which got very good reviews. So it's not the TV it's the connections. The HDMI cables I bought are brand new so that's not the problem. I am thinking if I have the problem with 2 of the same TV's other people must have the same problem.

0 Likes