JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Lip sync problem with my brand new The Frame 55 inch 2021 model

(Topic created: 09-01-2021 05:10 PM)
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a problem with my audio and video being in sync; only with broadcast cable tv(set top box).  All of the apps as well as streaming from computer wirelessly are in sync perfectly.  But cable tv is out of sync ever so slightly to be very annoying.  How can that be remedied.  When I hooked up tv; it supposedly updated to the latest version.  My model is the 55 inch Frame Tv 2021.

25 Replies
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I think I solved the problem...its not the tv, its the spectrum box...I set up the spectrum remote, watched their video and if you have the spectrum 101..you double click the blue button and go to their settings...my video was only 720 ; I changed it to 1080 , also in audio I set it to enhanced...but I believe it was the setting of the video on spectrum cable box that did the trick.  So not the one box or the tv settings...its the cable box settings!

0 Likes
userR9bF9MJQzh
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I had a similar problem with my comcast box. Setting the audio to "stereo" (was on 'auto - dolby digital') on the comcast Xfinity box fixed the problem.

0 Likes
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame
Still not working right...
0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello, I apologize for the issue you're having. Can you confirm you have the latest firmware update? You can check for updates here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/. Have you tried factory resetting the television? I provided the steps here:

1. Open Settings, and then select General.

2. Select Reset, enter your PIN (0000 is the default), and then select Reset.

3. To complete the reset, select OK. Your TV will restart automatically.

4. If these steps don't match your TV, navigate to Settings, select Support, and then select Self DiagnosisReset will be located in that menu. You can also check the user manual for exact instructions for your TV model.

The next suggestion if none of the above corrects your issue would be to change the digital audio output to PCM if you're using a soundbar. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
Spiesman
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Thanks to Matthew Chan at Samsung I was able to download the update 1708 to my frame tv and now the sync to my cable box is correct.  I think problem is fixed as it has stayed correct.  When you download the file to your computer...extract it and then only drag the T-NKM2AKUC folder to the usb drive.  Plug in the drive to the one box, go to support and check for downloads , it will find it on the usb, it will download, tv will turn off then back on and voila...fixed!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

That is great news! Please let us know if we can provide additional assistance.

0 Likes