JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Motion sensor not turning The Frame 2021 art mode back on

(Topic created: 08-02-2021 06:48 AM)
userMC7veDLqCr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So I just got the 50" 2021 Frame model.  It doesn't seem like the motion sensor is working with respect to turning the art mode back on after it's turned off.  I can wave my hand in front of it and nothing happens.  Sometimes when I hit the power button on the remote again it either a) turns artmode back on or b) shows the The Frame boot logo first and then shows the art mode.  The sensor seems to work as far as not putting the tv to sleep if moving around but once it has gone to sleep it won't turn back on with motion.  Has anyone had this issue or know if a fix?

18 Replies
userzKpBif6SGz
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue with me ... pretty disappointing to say the least !

userIhZQWUC1TQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue with my  new 2020 model…it was working fine for the first month

userIhZQWUC1TQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Mine had worked fine and then only stopped turning on automatically in the morning after I saw that Samsung had "updated" the Art Mode (I don't know what changes they made). But anyway, I followed a suggestion I saw somewhere in a forum to choose: 

Settings > General > Smart Features > Autorun Last App 

and this morning it's back to going on automatically! So I hope it continues to work as it should 🙂

userIhZQWUC1TQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well, I spoke too soon...it's back to not turning on in the morning....is it because the sky is grey and cloudy instead of sunny??

userMC7veDLqCr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Possibly.  Try shining your phones flashlight feature on the sensor for about 15-30 seconds and see if it comes back on.  

userMC7veDLqCr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So I figured out the problem.  It's the sensor thinking the room is too dark and turning off art mode.  I have the TV on a dark wood TV stand so I think that's causing issues.  Hopefully when I get it mounted to the wall that may solve this.

userIhZQWUC1TQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

most people with the problem have the TV mounted on the wall...I do...so I doubt it will completely solve your issue as it hasn't for others...

userIhZQWUC1TQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Well, I'm happy to say this morning it worked again and the difference is it's a bright sunny day. Even though my TV is not in direct line with the sun and neither is the window, it still makes enough of a difference!

It's interesting because this was the first time in the almost 2 months since I got the TV that the motion sensor turned Art Mode on.... rather than just the light. I slept in today and so the TV had enough time to go back to sleep (it's set to go to sleep after 2 hours) and when I walked into the room it turned on right away with motion.

So, I'm fine with it not turning on if it's not light enough....it's  a simple tap on the remote Art Mode button...and it probably prolongs the life of the screen and there's no one in the room to see it....but it's very nice to see it pop on by itself when it IS light enough.

userK00gTep7le
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

My Frame no longer kicks into art mode when there's motion in the room. Very frustrating/disappointing. Pretty sure this error correlates with the last software/Art Mode update. Hope this can get patched soon.