Original topic:

Q80T Soap Opera / Auto Motion

(Topic created: 11-27-2020 03:18 PM)
userMXKWOWG4jU
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello - 

I can't seem to find the setting on my Q80T to stop the "Auto Motion" aka - the Soap Opera mode.

Any help would be appreciated.

6 Replies
Solution
ajstan99
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have a 2020 Frame and I can get rid of Soap Opera mode by going to "Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Picture Clarity Settings "and changing the "Auto" setting to "Off". 

You can also reduce the effect to by changing the setting to "Custom" and adjusting the Judder Reduction and Blur Reduction to lower numbers. 

You may have something similar on your 2020 model.

userN1lh9icsaw
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have turned this off and also tried to set custom mode with 0 for all settings but I am still getting the soap opera effect.

I have the 55" Q70T

I thought I was making an upgrade but I'm starting to hate watching TV and movies now.  I am really thinking about going back to my  47", non 4K 2014 model.

userTtKSjoVSl8
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Do you have "filmmaker mode" as an option on picture mode? Helped for my q80t

0 Likes
userpwIKKygQgC
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same here. We have the q80t and we can't turn it off completely either. It's really unfortunate. Hopefully Samsung updates the firmware with this as an option to turn off in the future. 

jccampb69
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I had this same problem with the Q90T. Soap opera effect no matter what. It made movies unbearable. I ended up returning it and getting a Sony 950H. It's unfortunate because black levels and HDR highlights were amazing, plus I bought an HW-W950T so Q-symphony would have been awesome but Samsung gave me BS answers when I reached out to support so Sony Tv and Samsung bar it is. 

TheMilford
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same exact issue with a brand new QN55QN85A... turned off every possible setting that would be doing this, even in filmmaker mode it makes older movies look like live sporting events. the motion just looks weird... you would think maybe a TV company that has designed TVs to be the shape of a cinema screen might actually have options for actual cinephiles... unless I can sort this out and completely turn off any motion effects or hyping It's getting returned and I will by a Sony or an LG... 

0 Likes