JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Q90t Receiver Auto On Problem

(Topic created: 08-18-2022 11:32 PM)
dja2k
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame
TV has been working great for over a year with my Onkyo Receiver.  Recently I removed my Spectrum HD DVR Box from my TV.. Now every time I turn off my TV, it shuts off normally with my Receiver, but then the receiver auto turns on again after a few seconds of TV shutting off.  I don't know what is causing this behavior.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, thank you for reaching out regarding the receiver turning on automatically, and it will be my pleasure to provide the best assistance we have available.

First, I would like for you to check the CEC command on the television and you can perform that check by following theses steps- Home > Settings > General > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Once you are able to access the menu, if this feature is enabled you can likely solve the issue by deactivating that feature.

The second option would be to ensure the receiver's connectivity to the television is secure and correct because this concern can also be caused when your connection is poor. In this case, thoroughly check all the cable connections between the TV and receiver.

Your third option would be to factory reset the television back to its original settings by performing these steps - Home > Settings > General > Reset. 

And finally, the last option would be for you to send the product information by any method listed below for further review:

1.  You can contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.

2. We can be reached directly here in Community, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above. 

and the final option would be number 3 listed below

3. By reaching out to us on Facebook or Twitter. We ask that you please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread. 

View solution in context

3 Replies
dja2k
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame
So no one has a similar problem like this? 🤔
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi there, thank you for reaching out regarding the receiver turning on automatically, and it will be my pleasure to provide the best assistance we have available.

First, I would like for you to check the CEC command on the television and you can perform that check by following theses steps- Home > Settings > General > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC). Once you are able to access the menu, if this feature is enabled you can likely solve the issue by deactivating that feature.

The second option would be to ensure the receiver's connectivity to the television is secure and correct because this concern can also be caused when your connection is poor. In this case, thoroughly check all the cable connections between the TV and receiver.

Your third option would be to factory reset the television back to its original settings by performing these steps - Home > Settings > General > Reset. 

And finally, the last option would be for you to send the product information by any method listed below for further review:

1.  You can contact 1-800-726-7864, if you’d like to speak with a live agent about this situation.

2. We can be reached directly here in Community, by selecting our name and the message option. When messaging please use a link to this thread in addition to the info above. 

and the final option would be number 3 listed below

3. By reaching out to us on Facebook or Twitter. We ask that you please provide the same info as above, as well as the link to your thread. 

dja2k
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame
Thanks....

1st Wouldn't that disable my Samsung remote turning on my Onkyo Receiver?

2nd Been working fine for over a year now until I removed HDMI connected Spectrum DVR box. No idea why.

3rd Already tried that, waste of time and having to reconfigure everything

4th I'll do that to see if I can got help with this annoying problem.
0 Likes