JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

QN65Q900RBFXZA Network cable disconnected / connected message

(Topic created: 10-11-2020 06:11 AM)
Joe_MS_39565
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

This has been an ongoing issue for me for almost 8 months now. When it first started happening I spoke with Customer Support and they went trough all the TV settings remotely and checked to see if I had the current firmware and the problem persists. I recently decided to upgrade and replace my cable modem, router, and all of my network cables and now at a complete loss as to why I still keep getting these messages. Could it be a hardware issue with the One Connect box?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Reset the TV:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset and enter your PIN (the default is 0000). After the reset, try connecting again.

Make sure your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the TV:

Network requirements vary between TVs and are listed in the user manual. As an example, 2018 models NU6***, NU71**, NU72**, and NU73** only support 2.4Ghz networks. They will not even see a 5Ghz network.

If the network is not compatible with the TV, the TV will be unable to see or connect to it.

In most cases, the default settings for home networks are fine. However, if the network settings have been adjusted, confirm that they meet the requirements of the TV.

Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:

The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.

If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.

Try connecting to a different network:

This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.

Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance. If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO
- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Solution
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Reset the TV:

Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset and enter your PIN (the default is 0000). After the reset, try connecting again.

Make sure your Wi-Fi network is compatible with the TV:

Network requirements vary between TVs and are listed in the user manual. As an example, 2018 models NU6***, NU71**, NU72**, and NU73** only support 2.4Ghz networks. They will not even see a 5Ghz network.

If the network is not compatible with the TV, the TV will be unable to see or connect to it.

In most cases, the default settings for home networks are fine. However, if the network settings have been adjusted, confirm that they meet the requirements of the TV.

Disconnect some of your other things that are connected to Wi-Fi:

The more things you have connected to your Wi-Fi network, the weaker the signal will be. If you have 2 tablets, 3 phones, a refrigerator, and an Xbox, the signal could be very weak. Disconnect all other Wi-Fi devices from the network and then try to connect the TV.

If this does the trick when none of the previous steps worked, it means you have more devices connected than your router can handle and you should upgrade your router or connect fewer devices.

Try connecting to a different network:

This is a troubleshooting step to help determine what the issue might be. For instance, if a mobile device with hotspot functionality is available, have it create a network and try to connect the TV to the hotspot. If any other networks are available, they can be tried as well.

Note: If the TV can connect to any other network, service is not required, and the issue is with the network that you're unable to connect to. Contact your ISP if they provided the router, or the manufacturer of the router if it was bought separately.

If the issue continues, we recommend contacting your ISP or the manufacturer of your router for further assistance. If they help you determine the TV as the source of the issue, service is required.

Here are some service options:

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange process.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service processed.
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can private message one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service set up. http://bit.ly/33ipYnO
- If you're OUT of warranty, use the following link to locate a service center in your area:
http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/location

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

RavenNL
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

Yes let's provide wifi troubleshooting steps while the error msg is CABLE DISCONNECTED and he even says he is using CABLES

All they do is spa m templates...useless support

Joe_MS_39565
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

The "Reset" solution is NOT the fix!

The TV has LAN cable connection NOT WIRELESS.

Replaced all network components and cables has not corrected this issue so logically IT MUST BE THE ONE CONNECT BOX!

RavenNL
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

It's pointless they only spa m wireless troubleshooting steps and service repair. I doubt they (support) even know the difference between LAN & Wireless.  

Ppl who got repairs still confirm that the issue is present.

userjuBgdJwQnB
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Happens on my Samsung TV too - none of the advise here has helped - just a waste of my time.
No more Samsung TVs for me.
LG or Panasonic going forward...

usermuq1t7bRGe
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

This is really upsetting.  I initially setup via Ethernet and starting getting this stupid error that its disconnected.  Decided to ditch its internet connectivity entirely since I use external media device anyway.  Reset the TV (per instruction) with no Ethernet or Wifi and STILL GET THE ERROR POPUP!!  This TV forces use of internet??????  There's got to be a hack to disable this stupid thing.

userEqa21ryT4c
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Getting the same annoying error with my new 75 Neo QLED Q90A (QN75QN90AAFXZA) TV.

0 Likes