Original topic:

Quickest way to change Input on QN90A

(Topic created: 11-25-2021 04:14 AM)
chrisblue
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I've been using my QN90A for a while and love it. However i can't figure out what the best way is to switch inputs.

In my experience going via the Home > Left > Left ... Left > Input Menu seems very cumbersome since i end up pressing lots of buttons and the menu is slightly laggy.

Even worse seems the Shortcut button on the remote in the top right corner, as it loads even slower than the home menu. 

Given that switching inputs from TV to Apple TV to Playstation is quite common i was wondering if anyone has figured out a faster way to access the input options.

4 Replies
userKjGtjtyQ2B
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hey chrisblue, I know this isn't always going to work as a practical solution but I noticed this as well and discovered that it's faster to press the microphone button on the remote and say "Change source to HDMI2" or "Change source to PC" (or just ask Alexa or other voice assistant, without using the remote button, if you have it configured).  

Options
QLED and The Frame

On my Samsung tv, when I turn on the AppleTV box, the tv automatically switches to the right input. Same thing happens when I switch to my DVD player. When I turn the AppleTV off, the tv turns off too. There are setting in all those devices to set that up. Can’t remember what they’re called at the moment. 

userIRFlKvL5xe
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

My universal TV/cable remote from spectrum has an 'input' button which takes me strait to the TV input menu, additional presses of the button cycles through the inputs.

Would be nice if we could 'program' one of the buttons on the Samsung remote to do the same. I would swap multi-view in a heartbeat.

0 Likes
user4Gcgd7LuAQ
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Buy the BN59-01301A infrared remote from samsungparts.com

0 Likes