JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Off Timer issue

(Topic created: 10-01-2021 01:05 PM)
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I am having issues with the on/off timer on my QN90A 55".

I have it set to turn off at 11:20pm on Sunday-Thursday. twice in the last week, and about 4 times in the last month, it has failed to turn off. I cannot for the life of me figure out why. The time and date are set correctly. I first thought maybe it was because I did not have the TV connected to the internet so it was not keeping the day set properly (although it looked right to me), so I reconnected it. This has not solved the issue. It did it last night, I verified everything was set correctly, changed the off time to a few minutes later and it turned off. It really defeats the purpose of having an off timer if I have to get up a couple times a week to manually turn the TV off (it's in another room).

I have tried manually setting the clock, and auto setting the clock, it has failed with both setting options.

Anyone have this issue, or any thoughts what the issue could be?

0 Likes
10 Replies
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Bumping this to the top. The TV did it again last night, so that's 3 out of 5 times in the last week. If no one here has had this issue, can someone lead me to contact info for Samsung so I can have this issue addressed?A nearly $2k television that is less than 6 months old should function properly.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

I understand this is frustrating. Have you tried a factory reset on the television?

0 Likes
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I will try factory resetting once, but, a basically brand new TV that has only had one update since I got it (which is not when the problem start) - should not need to be factory reset.

0 Likes
MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Understandable however when you are having a problem with your television, you may want to just do a factory reset and start over, doing such generally will resolve most if not all concerns. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I factory reset the TV on Sunday. It was scheduled to turn off Sunday night and did. It was scheduled to turn off last night and did not. It has now failed 3 out of the last 7 times. The factory reset did nothing.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Do you have the unit plugged into a wall socket or surge protector?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

It's plugged into a surge protector. I live in an apartment that has power outages, so I'm not plugging a $1800 TV straight into the wall.

0 Likes
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
QLED and The Frame

Is it a surge protector with a battery installed?

0 Likes
userlUgtj2u38p
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

No. It's not a battery backup. It's just a surge protector.

0 Likes