JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Two Samsung BN59-01357A remotes, one Samsung QN55Q70AAFXZ Smart TV

(Topic created: 01-08-2022 04:20 PM)
ETorbert
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I purchased a second remote to have on hand in the event the battery dies or the original remote is lost or broken. When I paired the second remote to the tv, both remotes presented erratic behavior when working with my UVerse cable box. I followed the instructions posted on this site for resetting the remotes, and now the first one works perfectly as before I paired the second. I have not bothered to pair the second one again fearing the same anomalies. Is it possible to have two remotes paired to the same tv without this kind of problem with the cable box?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good afternoon, I will be happy to assist you. While you can pair multiple remotes, it is not recommended due to the Bluetooth data interference caused when two devices are competing for the same data registers. This will cause the erratic performance  you have mentioned.

View solution in context

2 Replies
ETorbert
Halo
Options
QLED and The Frame

I have now found a posting from a year or so ago stating that two Samsung Smart TV remotes will work with one Samsung Smart TV. The question was raised about third party remotes, which do seem to work in tandem with one Samsung Smart TV remote. I believe the difference is that the third party remotes work directly with the cable box where as the Samsung remote works through the TV to the cable box.

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Good afternoon, I will be happy to assist you. While you can pair multiple remotes, it is not recommended due to the Bluetooth data interference caused when two devices are competing for the same data registers. This will cause the erratic performance  you have mentioned.