Original topic:

one connect box BN96-53951X won't turn on

(Topic created: 11-17-2021 07:07 PM)
Richard Towers
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

I just received my The Frame TV this evening together with the One connect box and invisible cable,  connected everything following the manual. The One Connect box (BN96-53951X) is connected to a working power outlet but the it doesn't display anything on it. I also tried a different power cable from another Samsung TV which is working and still One Connect box won't work. I tried connecting the box to a different working outlet and nothing. Every time I checked if there is any red light on the optical inlet behind the box and I don't see any. No signs of life whatsoever. Please help.

0 Likes
3 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
QLED and The Frame

If the TV still isn't coming on with a different cable, it's possible that the OCB is bad and would need replacement. However, that would mean the TV would need to be set up for service. You can either send a private message to any of the moderators with the TV's model and serial number or you can contact the retailer and see what their exchange policy is. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Richard Towers
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

The service guy came Monday and opened the TV, he said the power board, or something like that, inside the TV, was dead. Said he would comeback with a replacement part. He came back today and replaced the power board inside the TV only to find that what is dead is the One connect Box. No he said he would come back on Monday with the part to repair the One connect Box. I don't know if I should return the whole thing and buy a new one.

0 Likes
Richard Towers
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Service guy came Monday and opened the TV, he said the power board, or something like that, inside the TV, was dead. Said he would comeback with a replacement part. He came back today and replaced the power board inside the TV only to find that what is dead is the One connect Box. No he said he would come back on Monday with the part to repair the One connect Box. I don't know if I should return the whole thing and buy a new one.

0 Likes