Original topic:

solar remote charging

(Topic created: 02-21-2022 12:57 PM)
userfIz4EwUQeG
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

On my model QN65Q80AAFXZA I have an issue with the solar remote (TM2180E).  The Available Remote Battery showed 58% when I first set up the TV a few weeks ago.  After having the remote under a table light for a few hours and in direct sunlight for over 4 hours it still shows 58%.

I don't know if the remote is charging or not.  I may go out and spend a couple dollars to get a cable and charge the remote that way to see if the percentage changes.

Is anybody else experiencing anything similar to this or is there a fix? The TV is updated with the most current firmware version T-NKM2AKUC-1807.0,BT-S 

0 Likes
24 Replies
userfIz4EwUQeG
Cosmic Ray
Options
QLED and The Frame

I plugged the solar remote into a USB-C cable and the red light came on.  About one hour later a small window popped up on the TV informing me the remote is fully charged. I then checked the Available Remote Battery status and it showed 100%. 

I hope the remote will eventually solar charge so I don’t need to plug it in. 

0 Likes
user25kTKMCeJL
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same issue here too. Got a brand new 65 inch Samsung QLED TV and the solar cell remote control only charges using a USB-C cable but the solar cell does not charge at all.

0 Likes
userxwjdW1ae75
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same for me. Only charges via USB.

0 Likes
The Donkey
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Same for me.  Only charges via USB.  I have the new 2022 version of the Frame.

0 Likes
userTABQju2xet
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I think we all have defective remotes.

i have the 2022 65” frame and since the day it arrived the remote only works if I charge it via USB C, and even then only lasts 2-3 days before needing to be charged again.  We never use it during normal operations, we control the TV exclusively via our AppleTV remote. The only time we ever touch the Samsung remote is to dismiss popups like the ads about “Samsung gaming launching soon” 

0 Likes
KevP
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
Mine quit charging via USB, now when I try the red LED starts blinking
0 Likes
userA75tBV2rb0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

hi-    bought new neo-qled qn90,65" tv.   the remote [item# bn5901357f}  works fine.   it had 52% charge this morning.........placed it in indirect sunlight from window to charge.........4 hours later,same, 52%.

also-  always leave solar side up,supposed to charge with regular indoor house lights???  nope.....

the remote paired w/ tv,right out of the box..........do i have a lemon remote? pilot error???

has anyone purchased battery remote # bn5901363a ?  according to what i see,same remote,just battery operated???   thank you,all.......mmm

Sparrow7
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame
It's possible the remote is just incorrectly displaying the charge, and will continue to work fine. Those passive charging things are weird that way. Try using it normally for a while. If it dies, then there must be a charging issue, and if it is under warranty, you can hopefully get a replacement. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
userA75tBV2rb0
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

hmmmmmmmm,brand new.............maybe a usb-c cable,see if that recharges remote...

thank you