Original topic:

2021 Samsung Frame TV 55 inch Gaming HDMI Input not working.

(Topic created: 09-15-2021 08:37 AM)
userbuaFNoTBZd
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

Hello all,

I just purchased a 2021 55 inch Samsung Frame TV with hopes for using it for home entertainment and gaming.  It is supposed to support 4k resolution at 120hz on the Gaming HDMI input (HDMI 4) however, HDMI 4 does not recognize my Xbox consistently.  It will recognize it for seconds, before saying that the device attached to the HDMI is not turned on (which is wrong).  This is frustrating to me, as gaming mode was one of the reasons I purchased the TV.  My Xbox works fine on the other inputs, but I'd prefer if the input specifically engineered for gaming would do its job.  Let me know if anyone else has encountered this and if there's any fixes.

Thanks in advance!

14 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
Qled and Frame
Try a different cable. Reattach both ends of the cable to ensure the connection is good. If it works on other hdmi ports then the port of the console should be good but hdmi port 4 on the TV may be bad.
0 Likes
userbuaFNoTBZd
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I've tried with multiple cables.  I had a samsung repair guy out and he said the cables were good.  It's a pending firmware update that's never going to happen apparently...

0 Likes
userC3WlEYiAa4
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame
I have the same exact issue
0 Likes
userph8TpRHlwv
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

I have the same issue with my PS5.  It's infuriating.

0 Likes
user4q9cD7jJcP
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

@userph8TpRHlwv same here with a ps5.
has anyone found a fix?  thanks!

userLUFrpEjA5U
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame
I does have SAMSUNG The Frame 2021 Series 138 cm (55 inch) QLED Ultra HD (4K) Smart TV  (QA55LS03AAKLXL).
My gaming port has same issue. Gaming port recognise playstation 5 but then it's says HDMI not connected or having issue. Issue happens sometime not every-time.
I have tried 3 different HDMI 2.1 cables but issue remains.
Engineer changed the main board of one connect box but issue remains same.
2 days ago engineer visited again and upgraded HDMI firmware.
it is working for now and if it works for next 30 days i will update you guys here
userbuaFNoTBZd
Asteroid
Options
Qled and Frame

I was told that a firmware update was coming, but didn't hear anything further.  Was it something he just updated in settings of the TV?

0 Likes
userJcCHvMoP0o
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I just purchased a 2021 65 inch Samsung Frame TV to use it for home entertainment and gaming.  It is supposed to support 4k resolution at 120hz on the Gaming HDMI input (HDMI 4) however, HDMI 4 does not recognize my PS5 anymore. First day it did but second day it just leaves this weird black screen flickering. 

sometimes, it will recognize it for seconds, before saying that the device attached to the HDMI is not turned on (which is wrong). 

This is frustrating to me, as gaming mode was one of the reasons I purchased the TV.  This issue appear to be same with other people in this community.

samsung we demand you fix this! Dont scam us with this bs hdmi 2.1 for frame which we factored in for gaming and paid a huge sum of money!!! 

0 Likes
userbsPd5MCHrc
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Yes, i have the exact same issue with mine. I have a 2021 55 inch Samsung Frame TV. 

0 Likes