Original topic:

August 2021: what happened to the promised eARC update for 2019 QLED TVs

(Topic created: 10-09-2021 09:58 PM)
useroGFu5bPdb7
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame

A 2021 update (1385) came out on July 28th, 20201. No eARC again. Countless updates past the promised July 2020 update without eARC and over a year with no updates on a timeline or status.

Why are you such a terrible company?

In Feb 2020: Craig Cunningham, Head of Product Marketing, said  "nothings changed in regards to that [earc on q90r], we will be updating and supporting [earc] as we originally said".    https://youtu.be/NMI7nqS61nI?t=433 

In May 2020: Craig Cunningham, Head of Product Marketing for Samsung, said regarding the Q85R and Q90R that the TVs with the OneConnect box will be getting an update for eARC and that "it has been confirmed" for the "Q90R ... the models that support the one connect box". "It's going to be happening soon"   https://youtu.be/O_fiUJlcoO8?t=4884 

In June 2020: Bruce H., the community manager in the Samsung EU Forum said: "All devices using the MuzeM (T-MSMDEUC) platform will receive the [eARC] update in mid-July. The update has been delayed due to the COVID-19 virus." https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/audio-video/earc-update-voor-q90r-qled-tv/td-p/1780368/highlight...

The Mid-July update (1361.0) came out on July 14th as expected, but eARC support was not included as promised.
An October update (1371.0) came out on October 15th. eARC was not included again. This is now two updates that have not included eARC past the promised July update.

A 2021 update (1385) came out on July 28th, 20201. No eARC again. Countless updates past the promised July 2020 update without eARC and over a year with no updates.

I did a quick non-exhaustive search and there have been 116,629 views on forum threads asking for eARC support for the 2019 QLED TVs. Please let us know what is going on with this update. If it was delayed due to COVID (as you've been willing to non-publicly say to journalists), then just come out an tell your customers. For those of us that own the 65" 2019 Q90R QLED and 2019 HW-Q90R Soundbar, we've given your company at least $5,000 each. You at least owe us an update.

67 Replies
userLastHopeEARC
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

I bought a topmodel Samsung 2018 QLED in mid-2019 as they promised eARC support trough firmware. I also bought the 7.1.4 Soundbar system from Samsung with eARC and Dolby Atmos.

When will I be able to use what I paid for?

If this is how you value your customers I will never buy a Samsung product again. I currently have 2 Samsung phones, 2 Samsung televisions and Samsung soundbars.  That will  change.

Same with all my contacts who are annoyed with how Samsung is handling this. It is sad that Samsung do not value theire customers or theire own products. It is a dangerous strategy for a company.

To fix the problem I also have an LG television in the livingroom and the "topmodel samsung" is now gathering dust in the basement.

EDIT:
From loving Samsung televisions for the last 10+ years and having Plasma as my first Samsung this has now turned onto its head.

0 Likes
userrVokUrn8Ld
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame

Will there ever be a eArc update for the  samsung Q80R tv

0 Likes
user4xtyOCH2Ws
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

or at least fix for ambient light sensor that broke with latest auto update?

0 Likes
uservNwuzAYDB0
Constellation
Options
Qled and Frame

Good Day,

I’ve had the Q90t and q900t for almost a year and they have constantly been causing issues regarding the earc. The latest is that my Q90t no longer recognizes my sound at q900t  when it come to earc.

can anyone help me as I am sick and tired of owning Samsung products, where I spent a considerably large amount of money for, that have yet to work as advertised from day one. 

I’ve owed only Samsung TV’s for 20 years and thought them the best and would constantly steer my friends and family to buy as well. Lately though, it seems that customer satisfaction and customer loyalty is no longer important.

Samsung, please help build that loyalty back. Profit is not everything and continuing down this road will lead to your demise as people remember.

Step Up

0 Likes
dja2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame
All of a sudden my TV has been giving me eARC error saying that the port isn't working.  I have to play around with the HDMI connections until it picks it up again.  I have it connected to an Onkyo 7.2 Reciever.  Anyone seen this behavior before?  I also notice if I try to connect am HDMI into my receiver, eARC isn't working correctly as the volume controlled from the Samsung remote is using my TV speakers for audio and not the TV controlling the Audio from the receiver like normal. 
0 Likes
kylewright3091
Astronaut
Options
Qled and Frame
I'm staying with my android 11 version not going to the 12
0 Likes
dja2k
Cosmic Ray
Options
Qled and Frame
What? 🤔
0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Qled and Frame

I understand how this may be frustrating and want to help, have you tried the following? 

Newer TVs will automatically detect a device once it is connected via HDMI. If your TV was manufactured in 2017 or later, you should be able to skip step 2.

1. Press the power button on the connected device.

Verify that the connected device is actually powered on. If it doesn't turn on, then you need to contact the manufacturer of your external device.

2. Select the correct source on your TV.

When your device is connected to your TV, you have to set the source on the TV to the same port you connected your device to. For example, if you connected your Xbox to the port labeled HDMI 1 on the back of your TV, then you need to set your TV's source to HDMI 1

3. Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable.

Disconnect the HDMI cable from the back of the TV and the external device. Then reconnect it firmly to the external device first, then connect it to your TV.

If it still doesn't work, try the cable in a different port. Don't forget to select the new source.

• If it works in a different port, your external device and HDMI cable work, but there seems to be an issue with the original HDMI port and you need to schedule repair.
    • If it doesn't work, continue troubleshooting.
  4. Try a different HDMI cable.

Use a different HDMI cable to connect your external device to the TV.

5. Connect a different external device to see if it works.

• If the new device works, the issue is with the original device. Contact the manufacturer of the original device for further assistance.
    • If both devices do not work, and all other steps have been completed, the TV requires service.

If the troubleshooting steps did not help above then you have a couple of options based on your warranty. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes