Did you mean:Ā 

Original topic:

S21+ beta UI apps

(Topic created: 09-21-2021 11:56 PM)
BinWatched247
Asteroid
Options
Questions
I've seen on other galaxy phones where you can run dual Sim and have a separate side of your phone that essentially is it's own device. I noticed today in one of my menus every single app pretty much had another one listed with it. So like double apps, I'll attach a screenshot in the comments. Just curious if this js the standard and normal or if something is up with my phone. FYI I have been having security issues with some devices. Any help or direction is appreciated. TIA
0 Likes
4 Replies
SlayerFan666
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Dual SIM just allows the phone to use 2 MSISDNs, or phone numbers. If you have a second number to use your carrier would need to activate your virtual SIM on that phone number in their system.
0 Likes
BinWatched247
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Thank you, and I understand what dual Sim is and how it works. My question is concerning the apps showing up twice. I think it might have to do with the secure folder. I previously had an s9+ and you could run dual Sim in it. There was also a way to split your phone like two separate profiles not connected at all besides the device. It would remain hidden and a secret, unless you unlocked it. There was even ways to set it up where there wasn't any lock or thing to do and you had to know the proper order to swipe and buttons to click before it would open the "secret" side.
0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Please erase the device cache using steps below. If issue persists, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report from the Samsung memberā€™s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue.

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Side key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight Wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Side key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Side key to select.
  8. When the process is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Side key to restart the device.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
BinWatched247
Asteroid
Options
Questions
Did a factory wipe and still having issues with multiple areas of my device. I even did it without using smart switch per another Samsung reps advice... I've literally got a list of everything
0 Likes