Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Volte not working after One Ui 4 update

(Topic created: 11-29-2021 02:46 PM)
Members_5NkHcgp
Constellation
Options
Questions

I have us unlocked s21 ultra and after the recent update of one ui4 the VOLTE option is not available and iam unable to make calls or receive any messages. 

Tried most the troubleshooting steps but no use.

Any help would be appreciated.

8 Replies
twbts_aa
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I also have the same problem. Are you based in the US or another country? Just curious.

I have US-based unlocked S21 Ultra but I am using it in India.

0 Likes
myapps1989
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I have this exact issue. I have seen several other threads related to this topic. It's an issue with OneUI 4.0 which Samsung needs to fix. However I have not seen any sort of acknowledgement from @Samsung Dusty  so far.

0 Likes
USBetaModerator
Beta Moderator
Options
Questions

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung members app to latest version from galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung member’s app -> Beta Feedback -> Error Reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution to the beta program.

Regards,
One UI Beta Team

0 Likes
SPython
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

@USBetaModerator 

I see your reply is dated November 29 2021 - yet you released UI 4.1 update for the Samsung 10 series at the beginning of April 2022 and that update also disables VoLTE on unlocked international phone models ending in "F".  Specifically the SM-G975F.  So you are taking your time to fix this bug and in the interim have caused a great deal of inconvenience to your users.  Furthermore, you do not appear to have any bug tracking or response online and the only method of reporting bugs is through your app.  If other software developers had this strategy they would be out of business.  The only solution for my self and other users was to flash the phone back to UI 4.0 .  How will we know that a future update will fix this issue?

0 Likes
userxLXRKcItmC
Asteroid
Options
Questions

I am also facing the same issue.. I have purchased S21 Ultra from US and using it in india.. After updaing to One UI 4.0, VoLTE option is gone from the setting.. Because of this, data goes off during calls..

This is very disappointing.. Please help.

Regards,

Pradeep Pol

0 Likes
SPython
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

I have an unlocked Samsung 10+ SM-GS79F and VoLTE stopped working after the UI 4.1 update.  Endless calls to ATT and Samsung were to no avail.  The update comes from Samsung - not the network provider and local Samsung stores only carry software for phones made in their country  - so if your phone is Australian in origin and you are in the US - they cannot help.  The only method to report bugs to Samsung is through the Samsung app.  They have no online bug tracking that I am aware of.  The only solution is to download Odin and the bios for UI 4.0 specific to your phone and flash the phone back to UI 4.0.  Then you will be able to make and receive calls again.  Make sure you back up everything on your phone first to a computer using  Samsung Smart Switch (you may have to download the app), Samsung Cloud, and Google.  Also, disable your pincode and biometrics on your phone before you proceed with the flash.  This bug was also reported on the ATT community forum and you can read users experience with the discovery of the bug and solution here:
https://forums.att.com/conversations/more-att-prepaid-discussions/cannot-make-or-receive-calls-on-no...

You can download Odin 13.14.4 (the current version) here

https://technastic.com/odin-download-samsung-latest-all-versions/https://forums.att.com/conversation...

and the firmware for your device here:
https://samfrew.com/all/

0 Likes
SPython
Cosmic Ray
Options
Questions

@Members_5NkHcgp 

Please update the "Topics" of this thread to include the S10 series -  the S10+ etc.  Samsung have not fixed this bug in their April release of UI 4.1 for the S10 and it appears to affect international unlocked phones with model numbers ending in "F".

userueRkg7RpZn
Asteroid
Options
Questions

+1 for the issue on S10, I had to reflash back to 4.0 with Odin to fix the problem (thereby confirming that it is indeed a Samsung software bug). @USBetaModerator  please:

1. Acknowledge that this is a Samsung bug (you appear to have broken VoLTE for some carriers in the CSC)
  2. Fix it
  3. Let us know that it is actually fixed so that we can take the update.

Some bug tracking would be nice,  you know, like *real* software vendors, not fly-by-night cowboys.

0 Likes