Original topic:

Age Restriction on YouTube App 65" 4K QLED

(Topic created: 07-22-2021 09:36 PM)
userFcq8AOah3N
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

YouTube App is age restricting videos I've watched in the past, as well as, videos from channels I have been subscribed to for years. Okay, I've read a few solutions for this problem; and I want to state, my age was verified years ago on my google account I use YouTube with, I've also turned off age restrictions on the YouTube App itself. I don't have the problem on my Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, or my laptop. But do run into the problem more times than not on my Samsung TV. I own a 65" 4K QLED. Can someone help me out here? This is driving me up the wall, cause when I bring the problem up with YouTube; I get no answer or a reply. I'm also a content creator on YouTube, which only fustrates me even more with YouTube and their lack luster customer service.  

0 Likes
21 Replies
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Check the settings screen for a new settings for helping to hide restrictioned content, NSFW content.. etc... make sure its off. Then go to your Google account check everything there, then in your Chrome, then Chrome browser, then Google app etc thru all then your assistant too.... after that go to your Google account setting for the device and make a back up, then check all those and connetcted apps, devices, and your active where your login in at andlod out all sessions, and unlink or connect apps and devices, and un syncing in time which sucka
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
And through Chrome sync too. Sounds like your changing things in one place and wither it hasn't reach it or not or syncs to the new change if able, your having to change a setting again that is then traveling thru your account from one app and goes round and round. Once your happy with the settings in there make sure your signed in everywhere you want to be and go to the accounts back up restore, select the Google account and on auto sync and wait till tmrw for check all the signerin
0 Likes
userFcq8AOah3N
Asteroid
Options
Could you please reapeat that without the spelling errors? And Where am I suppose to look for the NSFW, etc. options. Went through every menu on my TV and haven't found any thing pretaining to what you said.
0 Likes
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
The few spelling errors that there are do not make it eligible, nonsensical, or change what advice was give and are auto-correct keyboard substitutes that it believes i am or trying to type and am not. Why would you look in your tv settings menu for the NSFW selection in your You Tube account. You said that the YouTube App is age restricting videos and that you have change the age settings in your account years ago. If that is the problem and it is doing that but you've change those already then you need to change them in your whole google account, un sync it so things like the assistant or Chrome doesn't see that there is a difference in the way you want your settings to be and what they have it set as and go change the setting since they can do that and have permission from you to do that. It can assume someone other then you is making changes and try to help you out but changing the toggle again. If your google account and all the services are not synced then the changes made in one will not be changed anywhere else. Once changed, back up the account.. go to your account management page and under your my activity section, view and then sign out off all sessions and unlink the account from all devices. Sign out, then back in... double check the settings are what you want them to be then go sync it again and the settings from where you are syncing it should be the default settings for all the apps and services once the syncing reaches that service. That will take care of it if you are sure that the YouTube App is age restricting your content.
0 Likes
userFcq8AOah3N
Asteroid
Options
Never changed anything that would cause a sync problem. Never said I changed my age years ago. My age was verified years ago when the account was started. I went through YouTube Settings and it asked me to set up Work settings. I didn't mess with it cause there is no need. I have never messed with my settings from the start. They have always been the same; what is different is YouTube age restricting content and channels I've been watching. And when I checked connected devices the only one was my phone. And I have never really messed with Google Assitant; and when I go into G.A. it wants me to set it up.
0 Likes
userFcq8AOah3N
Asteroid
Options
It's my Brand Account where this is taking place. Which is connected to the Google account. Within the brand account there is no option for age or turning on or off restrictions. But the Brand account was setup right after inital google account. Could this be causing the problem? The Brand Account is the account I use for youtube.
SelfProclaimedBest
Red Giant
Options
Swtich your brand channel to your owner account. You lose your comments but nothing else. All the new privacy things are making it difficult to change everything at once. Bet there's a second version of the channel thats not branded and connected to your owner account or the channel maybe. Go to settings, advanced settings, then in the middle or btm move channel. Try that.
0 Likes
userFcq8AOah3N
Asteroid
Options
Attempting to change the channel right now. But got this...20210723_134158_13006.jpg
0 Likes
userFcq8AOah3N
Asteroid
Options
Now I can't sign in at all.
0 Likes