Original topic:

All Galaxy devices should get updated at the same time

(Topic created: 11-26-2022 06:39 AM)
Jingling
Explorer
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Here's what I think: I can understand that devices from different price points gets updated later, however if this series is going to get updated I hope that in the future this device across the globe would get updating the same time as well. For example the S23 series gets updated first throughout the world then,  the S22 and S21 and so on and so forth. My point is sure some smartphones can get updated later, but it should at least be equal timing every in single country that has Galaxy devices

5 Replies
Oxford
Black Hole
Options
If each individual phone carrier did not have to tweak the updates once they get them from google, then your scenario would probably be realistic. However, unfortunately, that is not the case, therefore, it will probably never happen.
Hobowoods
Astronaut
Options
Can anyone tell me how to turn on the number of messages I have on my message icon since I never turned it off? I always used to see the number of messages I had on the message icon to check my messaging. Especially when I have a master's degree in computers.
LongHiker
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@Hobowoods "Can anyone tell me how to turn on the number of messages I have on my message icon since I never turned it off?"

1. Open Phone settings
  2. Click on Notifications
  3. Click on Advanced settings
  4. Enable App icon badges

FYI, if you swipe a notification out of the drop down panel, the number on the icon will clear until the next notification is received. 

Mari_K
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

just like @Oxford has stated, unfortunately the updates have to not only go from Google, to Samsung, but then also to the carriers. The carriers then have to do their own testing of their built in apps and services to work out any bugs they may have with a new update. It's a pain, but I'd rather wait and have a phone that's working correctly. It's good they stagger the update releases, because they always find more bugs as more people are using the new update, then bugs get fixed before releasing to more people. Definitely not fun for folks who like to have the newest updates right away to try them out, but you can always join a beta program to do that.

Options
I agree. This would be a big improvement. From what I understand apple devices release updates all at once.