JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Auto-Import Bookmarks Using Samsung Internet Browser Extension

(Topic created: 09-11-2022 05:28 AM)
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

I have the Samsung Internet browser extension installed in Google Chrome on my Windows PC, and I use Samsung Internet as my default browser on my Galaxy S22. I am able to synchronize my bookmarks between the two (my primary goal) but it requires a manual step. If I have changed any bookmarks on my PC, I have to click on the browser extension, navigate to Chrome Bookmarks, and click an Import button. Is there a way to make this part automatic or to schedule the import? It is not a huge inconvenience, other than my typical forgetfulness until I am looking for that recent bookmark on my phone.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung Internet is awesome. However, the problem you described is the reason I went back to using Microsoft Edge.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
Use dex on PC and Samsung
browser in dex
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not sure it is the path I'm looking for. I have used Dex many times but not found it as capable as my existing Windows experience. I'd rather keep using Chrome (or Edge or Firefox even) under Windows 11. It would just be a plus if I could keep my bookmarks synchronized. THe other alternaive is to return to using Chrome onmy phone, but I've grown fond of Samsung Internet.

Dan
Solution
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Samsung Internet is awesome. However, the problem you described is the reason I went back to using Microsoft Edge.
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

@notforhire Are you saying the Samsung Internet extension in MS Edge synchronizes your bookmarks automatically, or that you switched to using the Edge app on your phone (as I formerly did using Chrome on both)?

Dan
notforhire
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
I've switched back to using Edge on my phone.
0 Likes
requa
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Sadly -- reluctantly -- I'm accepting this as the solution to my question. I wish the synchronization worked more easily, but I appreciate the confirmation that I wasn't just missing something. Thanks for you tips.

Dan
cecemari3luvv
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
@requa Samsung Internet is awesome. However, the problem you described is the reason I went back to using Microsoft Edge.