Original topic:

Bixby Vision Features

(Topic created: 05-23-2022 12:51 PM)
Jess04
Sun
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
Hey Samsung,

As advanced as you're trying to make Bixby, why did you remove some of the great features the assistant offered? Users can't seamlessly unlocked their phone using their voice. I would assume their may have been a vulnerability with that. But if the voice recognition was strong enough or improved, then what would be the issue?
Also, Bixby Vision features were removed that were really useful. Users can no longer point their camera at food and see the nutritional value! That feature was great for people that were trying to eat healthy. The Shopping and Places features were also removed. Now when you point the camera and it detects an object it simply shows you similar images on Pintrest. How is that actually helpful? 🤔 The Places tab was very useful when traveling to new places. Without having to do a Google search and look for places around you, you could pull up the camera and see in what direction restaurants and other significant places were in. It was very useful.

Can you please bring these features back?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 Replies
Jetster
Comet
Options
I agree with most of this but I think the logistics for the voice unlock would have been a major vulnerability but it would've been cool. Voice recognition would be a struggle as almost every environment we're in has a decent amount of interfering noise so I doubt it would work like that.
0 Likes
Jetster
Comet
Options
Otherwise, good post
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
I was able to use it in reasonable areas with commotion, like at work. Obviously at parties, concerts, etc. it wouldn't work efficiently but you typically wouldn't need to remotely unlock your phone with your voice in those types of scenarios.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Sounds like interesting features I never knew were there. Unfortunately, once features have been removed they rarely return.
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
That's why I'm trying to bring it to their attention in the attempts they bring it back. They've brought other features back under different names or refined them after they've been removed.
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
You'd have better luck filing an error report in that case. These are forums for other Samsung customers. They may not even see your suggestion here.
0 Likes
Jess04
Sun
Options
They seem them. I'd like the think that up to 6 features/changes have been made after I've posted about them on here. Because Samsung's support and ambassadors comment and claim they forward it to the development team for when they look for ideas. 😅
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

0 Likes