Original topic:

Bring back RCS features to Samsung Messages App

(Topic created: 11-03-2022 01:34 PM)
MarvinX
Comet
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Samsung messages and keyboard have been greatly improved since latest update. If only they would bring back RCS feature for their stock app. I just do not like Google messages.... Samsung messages and keyboard have always been my first preference over 3rd party apps. 

9 Replies
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
It's not upto Samsung the carriers control RCS T-MOBILE and at&t only allow RCS via Google Messages and some carriers allow RCS via both Samsung and Google
0 Likes
Options
Samsung still supports RCS in their stock app.

If the person you are chatting with is on AT&T however, they have disabled RCS to other networks so it only works from AT&T customer-to-customer.

The other party has to be using an RCS enabled app and their network has to support it as well. Lastly, the other party and you must have the Chat setting enabled.
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Same thing with T-Mobile. They still support RCS/Chat on Samsung Messages but only within their network
UserTimBo
Comet
Options
Tmobile doesn't support rcs on unlocked devices
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
That is true, only T-Mobile branded phones support it, just like mine
UserTimBo
Comet
Options
Can you trade in an unlocked phone for a tmobile branded phone.
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
I have no idea, I've never done it. Why don't you just sell your unlocked phone then buy a T-Mo phone.
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Thank you for your interest in sharing your idea with Samsung. We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Options
Samsung messages will most likely be ended in the next few years since Google messages on the s22 is a Samsung modified version

Google is finally putting an effort into unifying messages on Android