JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Call record option not available on my Galaxy phone

(Topic created: 05-10-2022 05:34 AM)
Artie666
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

The Samsung Galaxy S22 has a feature to record calls. This can be done manually or automatically. I cannot find this option on my brand new S22.

Has anyone else run into this?
I go to my native phone app, I click on the hamburger (3 dots) menu, and it is supposed to be right there, but it is not. 
8 Replies
Solution
requa
Comet
Options

My understaning is phones sold in US markets no longer include this functionality due to the myriad of state laws governing privacy. Each state has different laws governing the legality of recording conversations.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
Artie666
Astronaut
Options
Thank you. I thought about that but I can't find that anywhere. Do you have a link that would support this?
Thanks!
requa
Comet
Options
Sorry, but this is more of a hazy recollection than something authoritative. I remember discussions of call recording a few years ago on maybe the S8 or S9 board. Some posters were looking into rooting phones to get there.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
Yes exactly what was stated above. Most carriers disabled the built in call recording due to how some state laws are in the United States. There are a couple states that requires two party consent during a call recording which makes it illegal for you to record without their consent. You will need to use a third party app or change the phone CSC thru Odin to enable it.
Casperdch
Astronaut
Options

Do you know of, or recommend a third party app that is compatible with the S22? I have tried the CUBE app that I used on my S7 but it does not work on the S22.

0 Likes
PaperStation
Supernova
Options
There are a couple of third party apps but I personally don't have any recommendations but Google will be killing of third party call recording soon as well.

Android Authority: Google will kill call recording apps on Android for good starting May 11.
https://www.androidauthority.com/google-killing-call-recording-apps-3155610/
Artie666
Astronaut
Options
I'm actually using Cube on my S22 without any issues.
Artie666
Astronaut
Options
Thanks guys