Original topic:

Contacts Custom Label reverted name to default

(Topic created: 01-10-2023 12:23 AM)
LindaK20
Galaxy
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Hi. Whenever I create a new contact, I sometimes change the field name using the Custom field and create a new label name to an appropriate one. 

Lately, when I go to a contact, the Custom field only shows Custom, not the name I created. I don't want to change all of them if they revert to Custom. 

It would be great to know what caused it and prevent it from happening again. 
22 Replies
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Your contacts are synced to an account, whether Samsung, Google, Outlook, or whatever. So, I think, that whatever account your using for your contacts is changing them back to 'custom'; therefore, try creating a contact that is attached to a different account out and see if it sticks. Then transfer all your account to that account. The majority of my contacts are created in Google and I haven't noticed this issue.
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
So, since my post yesterday, I found too that my custom contact info had reverted back to 'custom' too. So I updated a few, and so far those have not reverted back. I can only assume that when the contract app is being updated it is resetting this field to their default 'custom'.
burgessm84
Astronaut
Options

I've been noticing this too recently.  It's dropping all my custom descriptions.  Really unacceptable to lose my data. I use custom labels for department numbers, admins, spouse numbers etc, now I don't know which phone number is which... 

Neldot
Astronaut
Options

This is very bad software programming by Samsung. It's simply not acceptable that a $1500 phone loses all the custom fields in the contacts every time the phonebook has an update. 
A nasty bug that they've ignored so far.

userbuVIOlHSBe
Asteroid
Options
Me, too! Same problem.
CooperKinte
Asteroid
Options
I have the same problem
Members_72qvZrn
Constellation
Options

Same problem with my phone, as well.  It does sync with Google contacts, but it then changes all the custom names to "home," or at times to "other;"   thankfully,  this glitch only appears on the phone and not with Google Contacts.  

gordonrfleming
Constellation
Options

I am having the same problem.  "Custom" has now been replaced with the last name I attempted to add to the telephone number list.  I deleted the entry where the change occurred, but it won't reset back to Custom.

DevanirNF
Astronaut
Options

I have the opposite problem. I don't want to use custom field names. I want the HOME phone number to remain labeled HOME, but Samsung software localization is renaming this field to CASA (home in Portuguese).

0 Likes