JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Couldn't Verify Face Problem

(Topic created: 08-09-2022 06:27 PM)
Zach20921
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services
I set up samsung pass before without my face, I don't know how but I did because I don't remember turning off face recognition for samsung pass. Everytime I try to set up samsung pass again, I get past the fingerprints and when I get to face recognition, it's verifying my face but says couldn't verify face after, I restarted my phone and after that, the fingerprints wouldn't work. The fingerprints started to work after a few tries but the face still hasn't worked, any solutions/fixes?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Tech4YouBySid
Astronaut
Options
So it clearly says Pass won't work with Face Recognition. Let's see if they send an Update to fix this. Till then use Fingerprint bro. Any day it's safest option.

View solution in context

9 Replies
Tech4YouBySid
Astronaut
Options
Please Remove the Face data and re-register. It should work.
0 Likes
Zach20921
Astronaut
Options
I tried that and it didn't work, sometimes it wouldn't even let my verify my face/fingerprints and would just say couldn't verify fingerprints/face.
0 Likes
Tech4YouBySid
Astronaut
Options
Which phone is that? I have never faced such an issue. Its worth getting checked with the Service Center. Else try once Soft Reset.
0 Likes
Zach20921
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21 Ultra
0 Likes
Tech4YouBySid
Astronaut
Options
Should not happen bro. Please reset your device or take to the SC.
0 Likes
Zach20921
Astronaut
Options
Ok, so I disabled facial recognition, and it let me in without my face, but now I'm wondering why it doesn't let me use facial recognition to verify with Samsung pass. Couldn't it have just told me that after my dozens of attempts of trying to verify my face.Screenshot_20220809-184252_Samsung Pass_13659_1660095772.jpg
Zach20921
Astronaut
Options
Also, the problem with not even letting me be able to verify my face/fingerprint before showing my the Couldn't verify face/fingerprint.
0 Likes
Solution
Tech4YouBySid
Astronaut
Options
So it clearly says Pass won't work with Face Recognition. Let's see if they send an Update to fix this. Till then use Fingerprint bro. Any day it's safest option.
Tech4YouBySid
Astronaut
Options
May be it doesn't feel safe enough with the Face data. Android Face Recognition can sometimes be bypassed by Photos and videos.