JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

DEX resolution phone vs tab

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 06:04 AM)
DaveMoody
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
On my DEX setup (Mokin 4K USB hub and Dell 2k monitor), my Galaxy Tab S7 FE will display 2560x1440 resolution when using DEX.  Plugging in my S21+ phone, without making any hardware changes, DEX is limited to 1920x1080 and I cannot change it.  Why would the S21+ DEX resolution be limited to FHD when the Tab S7 FE isn't, given the exact same display and hub hardware?  What am I missing?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The phone need you to run GoodLock and set the DeX options in Multistar to use High resolution external display.   Goodlock->Multistar->I heart DeX->

Screenshot_20220923_113410_MultiStar.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Tablets

The phone need you to run GoodLock and set the DeX options in Multistar to use High resolution external display.   Goodlock->Multistar->I heart DeX->

Screenshot_20220923_113410_MultiStar.jpg

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
DaveMoody
Astronaut
Options
Tablets
Thank you bill-e! That solved the issue! So much to learn.
0 Likes