Original topic:

Feature Request: Samsung Contacts App making the ability to archive and not delete contacts

(Topic created: 11-29-2022 10:01 AM)
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Feature Request: Please consider adding a "contact archive" option. Many of us may have contacts that we do not want to delete but, would rather archive.  

4 Replies
requa
Comet
Options

I like this idea! If not a true archive, even relegation to an infrequently used list would help. Would it be possible to do this automatically, by relegating contacts not communicated with in a set period of time (a year?)?

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
Oxford
Neutron Star
Options
There is a setting you can turn on for "Frequent Contacts" .
requa
Comet
Options

I do have frequent contacts enabled and just checked that in the list. It only shows one entry (contacted in the last 30 days). I know I have contacted many more people than that. I assume this is only listing people I have contacted from the Contacts app, as opposed to the list that appears in Samsung Phone or Google Messages or GMail that I use daily. Now that would be nice -- a unified contact list taking into account people contacted (coming and going) regardless of the app used to make the contact.

Dan
Galaxy S22 SM-S901U on Xfinity Mobile
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.