JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy A21 does not have smart view??

(Topic created: 08-30-2020 01:38 PM)
usereSss0jNPd3
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have purchased this phone this week and I cannot see smart view nowhere. Some other people had the same issue as I have seen on internet. I also heard that the previous A series had smart view but why not on this device? I am going to refund it back to the store if there is no smart view because I use it a lot in my daily life.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options

Regretfully the A21 is incompatible with the screen mirror feature, I apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

12 Replies
Cassies
Asteroid
Options
is there a workaround for this issue? Dont think its right to have get Google comcast when my tv is Samsung as well. Feel like smart view and smartthings should be standard on all Samsung phones.
usereSss0jNPd3
Asteroid
Options
there are some smart view applications but they did not work on my device. you can give that a try
Cassies
Asteroid
Options
I have downloaded and tried them all none of them worked. the only way phone can find my tv is through YouTube but that's not what I need to see I need to see my phone screen as I work from it. I do see when smartthings is installed on phone under settings but the is no app to launch.
usereSss0jNPd3
Asteroid
Options
I have the exact same issue
Cassies
Asteroid
Options
Samsung please fix this issue!!!
userHps0JGPKlI
Astronaut
Options

I have this problem too.  It's completely ridiculous that I have a Samsung Smart TV and phone and that they won't do basic screen mirroring.  I don't give a cr-p about the ability to share apps on the TV or control the volume, I just want to be able to see my phone screen on the TV.

It worked flawlessly on my J7, and honestly the ONLY reason I didn't get an iPhone when I upgraded was so that I could keep this feature.

Solution
knightsurgeon
Neutron Star
Options

Regretfully the A21 is incompatible with the screen mirror feature, I apologize for the inconveniences caused. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userhgDgWqUE9Z
Constellation
Options

WHERE'S THE UPDATE TO FIX THIS?  This is bull.  Im ready to go to apple and buy a VISIO tv.  Spend all this money on samsung products and instead of PROgressing, you REgress...pathetic. 

user6SAQClZvSW
Astronaut
Options

Why can't you add this option into an update? Or enable so a third party app can be used. I just spent hours looking for an app to work. 

This was a huge feature that I used often. My J7 worked great and I loved it.