Original topic:

Help!! Data transfer....when Smart Switch doesnt seem to be a solution

(Topic created: 05-03-2021 04:54 AM)
userYyK6xI1SYj
Asteroid
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

Just purchased a new S21, and trying to transfer all my data from my S9

Although there are usually a couple of options to do this via smartswitch, all are coming up as invalid for me. 

Wirelessly - NA as my device is managed by organisation and has a VPN that prevents this

Cords - My S9 has water damage and won't accept a usb-c to either connect to the new phone or laptop

SD card - I successfully made a copy of all my data onto a micro sd before realising the new S21 doesnt facilitate a micro SD!

I have google drive so have images, videos etc backed up, but i was hoping to be able to have my new phone set up in one go with my apps, layout, call history etc all transferred. 

Can anyone help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userYyK6xI1SYj
Asteroid
Options

I found a solution! 🙂

A micro-sd to usb-c adaptor! 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132729272467 

(And they offer express delivery)

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options

@userYyK6xI1SYj 

Have you tried putting the SD card in your PC and then using Smart Switch on the PC to transfer the info to the new S21?

0 Likes
userYyK6xI1SYj
Asteroid
Options

Thanks @LongHiker ...I did try that and was hoping it would be my solution but I can't seem to get the app on laptop to recognise my backed up smart switch folder on the SD, it doesn't let me select it even through manual select on the laptop smart switch app. Unless you know of something I'm doing wrong or a way to get it to recognise?

I tried backing up 3  pics from my new phone via smart switch on laptop to see where they saved so I could potentially move the folder from the SD card but without much luck. They seem to be different file types? 

0 Likes
Solution
userYyK6xI1SYj
Asteroid
Options

I found a solution! 🙂

A micro-sd to usb-c adaptor! 

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/132729272467 

(And they offer express delivery)

0 Likes