Original topic:

Samsung A12 Storage shows "System" 10.30GB ,"Other" at 20.85GB?

(Topic created: 10-12-2022 09:23 PM)
Lefky74
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

New User here. I bought a Galaxy A12 (Mod. #SM-S127DL) and recently ran into an issue with my phone storage. Just recently I started receiving "low storage warning" messages. My internal storage is currently 32G and is nearly full, but the trouble is I have about 5 pictures (538KB), no video and very little audio (15.09MB), and a moderate amount of apps, so it's not on my end. I cleared my browser's history and optimized my phone, which gave my a few hundred MB, but it's still almost full. The problem exists with two items on my internal storage list: "System," which is currently using about 10.30GB, and "Other," which is using a whopping 20.85GB. Is there anyway of freeing up some Gigs from these two items, particularly the "Other" item?

I might add that I recently purchased a Galaxy micro-SD 64G memory card. Will this help with the issue?

5 Replies
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Other Mobile Devices
A couple things to do

Check all the Trash and clear them out ...
... Open Settings
... Tap Battery and Device Care
... Tap on Storage
That will list all Trash that have content ... clear any that are there

Second thing ...

Reboot to the Maintenance screen

Select Clear Cache Partition (answer Yes)

Select Repair Apps option

... phone will automagically reboot... give it 2-3 minutes to finish up

Check Storage allotment again for Other
0 Likes
Lefky74
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I emptied the trash before, but there wasn't much there to delete.

I'm not sure how to proceed with step two: I searched "cache," "repair," and "petition," but nothing came up. Where would I go to do this?

0 Likes
TheArrrrrgonaut
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I’m having the same problem with “other “occupying 21. 90 GB of storage. I executed the second step twice and nothing changed. Other options?

0 Likes
Samsung_Vwfp25q
Astronaut
Options
Other Mobile Devices

I'm having the same problem.  I can't get to any maintenance repair clear cache screens.

0 Likes
Members_ONVxgUt
Constellation
Options
Other Mobile Devices

This phone was great in the beginning for me but after just a few months I began having the same problem and there's no way to fix it.  It's been nearly a  year and a half now and I'm so upset with it that i just want to throw it in the garbage. I've done everything including frequently clearing the cache, deleting nearly all apps pictures and videos, cleaning device maintenance and still everything is filled and it won't let you see what is taking up all the room. I probably have barely 2gb of apps on my phone and a few of those are pre-installed and won't let you delete. I had to delete 4 more apps recently to run system updates. Sadly I think the only thing that can fix it is a full reboot but it will still happen again. I kept my galaxy j7 crown which was cheaper and never had any issues. I still have over 50 apps on a 32gb and still have nearly 10gb left.  I'll probably just go back to using that because all I can do on my a12 now is what a cell phone was primarily designed to do which is make calls and text but I would have a cheap flip phone if I just needed that.

0 Likes