JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Messenger is messing up touch screen, isn't optimized for latest android version?

(Topic created: 09-02-2022 11:52 AM)
Emnms95
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

My phone keeps popping up with a message that basically stops my touch screen from working for a few seconds. It says "Messenger isn't optimized for the latest version of Android. Screen touches may be delayed or not recognized." 

Anyone else having this problem? Is there anything being done about it?
11 Replies
Tech4YouBySid
Astronaut
Options
Which messenger app does it say? FB or Instagram or any other??
0 Likes
Emnms95
Astronaut
Options
It won't let me see your comment but from the part I saw in my notification the answer is fb messenger
0 Likes
Angie97
Astronaut
Options
I'm having the same problem, I've read that people are turning off the chat head notifications.
njdicarlo
Constellation
Options

Bumping this up, having the same issue with FB messenger on Samsung S20 Ultra 5G. It's been an issue for about 6 months or so... Not sure how to do fix it. Also on an added note, just a few moments ago it made my phone unusable and had to restart the phone to fix it. 

userrjBWTGpPb9
Astronaut
Options

same here! it's a little annoying for the phone to lag for a few seconds because of this touch screen issue...but even worse when it completely freezes and you can't do anything but to restart the phone.

has anyone found a fix for this?

userCftvgs9Fsa
Astronaut
Options
Has anyone figured out how to fix this problem ??
0 Likes
Rusko420
Cosmic Ray
Options
The whole messenger isn't optimized for thr latest version of Android. Etc etc... Does anyone else have this issue???? It's when I close out of the chat bubble in messenger. 

Solution
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options

Try going into messenger and checking for updates.  Also Messenger is a facebook app, so this is not Samsung's doing.  Android is also a Google thing, so this looks like a Google/Facebook issue.

Rusko420
Cosmic Ray
Options
Thanks it's probably a bug. I keep all apps properly updated. So we shall see
0 Likes