Original topic:

No emojis! They are appearing as ?? sent and received

(Topic created: 06-02-2022 11:06 PM)
MellowD1
Constellation
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I have a Galaxy S9+ last week when I would send emojis either to an iPhone or Android they appear as a question mark and the same when they are sent to me. I have done research and it appears to be my messaging app, I have always used the Samsung that came with the phone. I downloaded the Google messaging app and the same problem. On the settings for the messaging app I do not have the automatic option.  Please help, I'm unsure if my issue is the the keyboard, I've downloaded a couple and it didn't fix it or the messaging app.

Seaamy
Astronaut
Options
Same!!
0 Likes
barffingwafles
Astronaut
Options

I tried sending all different kinds of emojies but all they received are question marks. It just randomly started happening. They seem to send correctly through Google messages.

useroX3F883mFj
Constellation
Options

Ever since last update when I send our receive emojis they show as question marks. This is happening on my wife's phone also. She has s20 fe and I hand s21 ultra. How do I fix this issue? 

DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Which messaging app are you using when sending?
useroX3F883mFj
Constellation
Options
Just the blue messages app we always have used that was on the phone.
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Different Samsung phones are preload with either Samsung Messages or Google Messages, so we're not all using the same app. Since I use the former, with no blue bubbles, I can only assume you are using that latter; however, your confirmation of the app being used would yield a better outcome in assisting you.
0 Likes
useroX3F883mFj
Constellation
Options
Hi, sorry yes it is the Google messages. Thanks!
0 Likes
DanG92263
Black Hole
Options
Sounds like there was an issue with the update. Try uninstalling/ reinstalling the app.
0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options

both devices are using google messages? 

if your wife is using the samsung messages app, try going into messages settings > more settings > text messages > input mode > select automatic

0 Likes
useroX3F883mFj
Constellation
Options
Yes she uses same and when I go through those steps after settings, more settings and then text messages, it doesn't show input method option only one that says Sim card
0 Likes