JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Calendar doesn't auto sync with Google Calendar

(Topic created: 11-10-2022 10:05 AM)
Jimbeam600
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I add an event on Google Calendar desktop, but doesn't show on Samsung Calendar phone app until I click "Sync now".

This is a terrible problem for me. Do you know how to auto sync this?

Phone: S21 FE 

Android: 12

Thanks

6 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21
Is your Google email signed into the Samsung calendar?
0 Likes
JohnB1947
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Can you help me out with the steps to sign into the Samsung calendar with my Google email? I have Samsung calendar on Galaxy Tab S7E & Google calendar on Galaxy S10+, both using Android 12. Thanks
0 Likes
LV17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
I've recently noticed it fails to sync with my Outlook in my business account. Appointments that have appeared for quite some time. Now clicking sync doesn't produce the desired result, where I see ALL appointments on both calendars. This is a problem.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand your frustration with the desktop calendar not syncing to your S21FE and would be happy to look into this further for you. I would recommend checking that your sync settings are set up on the Samsung calendar properly by using this link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001430/

If you have tried the troubleshooting steps provided and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend contacting our customer service team directly at 1-800-726-7864 as they are able to remote into your device and make sure this isn't a configuration or software issue.

0 Likes
Jimbeam600
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Thanks for your response. I've done the troubleshooting steps, but can't find the auto sync in my Samsung account (it just doesn't appear where it should be) nor my Google account (don't know how to do this, and the troubleshooting steps don't say it).

Of course after I cleared the Calendar data from storage, and reopened the app, it syncs. But this is not auto sync. It's a manual sync. 

So, not solved for me.

0 Likes
LV17
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21
Actually, my business phone is a bit old, SM-G9. The calendar doesn't have a manage calendars setting, only Sync calendars. Am I lost without an updated phone?
0 Likes