JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Contacts app Personal contact Relationships

(Topic created: 04-08-2021 11:49 PM)
Bob375
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have a Samsung galaxy s21 ultra for 2 weeks now. This is in reference to the Samsung contacts app. Under my personal contact information, After adding relationships like my Father and Brother, I save it. After exiting the app and than checking it again my relationships have disappeared. I found this out by trying to call my brother using Bixby. Does anyone have a fix or had this problem. I contacted Samsung tech support and they were unable to help me. I appreciate any help or suggestions on this. Thank you. 
11 Replies
CMRamirez
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Iam having the exact same problem and I have no idea how to fix it.
0 Likes
Bob375
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I've reached out to Samsung support 2 times and they were unable to help as well.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

So my app is not doing that.  Have you cleared the Contacts cache or tried it in Safe Mode?

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Bob375
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Not safe mode. The support agent I first talked to had me clear the cache. It didn't work. The second told me they are supposed to dissappear
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

@Bob375 

Obviously they are not supposed to disappear.

Try Safe Mode just to make sure there isn't another app interferring.

1. Pull down on the top menu twice, then tap the power button.
  2. Press and hold the red Power Off button until the Green Safe Mode button appears
  3. Tap the Safe Mode Button.
** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
Bob375
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
When I'm in safe mode and add relationships they do not disappear. Even with closing and opening the app. However, after restart in regular mode they disappear again.
Solution
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

OK, so one of the apps that you've installed is causing this.  I can't tell you which one it is...it's a trial and error thing.  Hopefully you havent installed 50 apps as you'll need to uninstall them one at a time to figure this out.

First place to start is any app that you think might be using the contacts.

Bill
---
Bob375
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'll just do a factory reset and start over. Thanks again for the help.
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Good idea, and you're welcome.

Bill
---