JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Notes Feature Request for updates

(Topic created: 09-09-2021 09:25 PM)
Ditziie
Astronaut
Options
Samsung Apps and Services

I've tried basically all the note apps available on Android and iOS, and most of the popular web-based options as well in an attempt to find the PERFECT note taking app. I think Evernote ishighly overrated, most of the choices on the app store have a nice enough design and are functional enough to get the job done, but none really stand out.

On iOS I have found a couple options that are almost perfect, but on Android the search was starting to feel hopeless. So when I finally got a Samsung phone (the galaxy S8 because I'd had one in the past and loved it, and it was in my price range), I was excited to give the notes app a try since I remembered really liking it before. 
I wasn't disappointed, it definitely beats out all the competition and earns it's place at the top of my list when it comes to the best note apps, but there are a few issues that I just can't get past.

First, being limited to Samsung devices is a problem. There's also a way to access the notes on a windows computer, but I don't have one of those and since a lot of people are choosing tablets and Chromebooks and other options these days it just seems like it would be a much smarter option for Samsung to offer a web based version where you could, at the very least, save your notes on a non-samsung device should something happen to yours. That way you wouldn't be at risk of losing all your notes if something happens to your phone.

I can understand not wanting to undertake the project of building a web app that matches the functionality of the mobile app, but it seems like it would be pretty simple to provide a way for us to export our existing notes. 

The next issue I have is with the tags. I love the way you can view all your tags and view the notes associated with each tag, but there really should be a way to batch add/edit tags when you select multiple noted and a way to add tags to a single note without actually opening the note (when you long press on a note to select it, one of the options should be adding tags).

Another big problem is that when you're entering tags, previous tags don't populate as you type, which means you end up entering a different variation of a tag you've already used, like blog and blogging, link and links, etc. That makes it harder to sort through notes and makes the tags list a mess. It needs to either populate from existing tags as you type or have a list of tags that you can select from in order to be perfect. Bonus points would definitely be scored if you could color code the tags as well. 

That's really the only complaints that come to mind. When you look at all the great features like being able to write and draw everywhere in a note, including on top of notes or photos, there's a little window for you to write that automatically moves the page over and down as you get to the edge of the window meaning you don't have to pan over while writing, you can color the text and highlight whatever color you want, and the color pallet options are lovely, the brushes are surprisingly awesome, it's definitely one of the best note apps you'll find for Android and if these minor issues were addressed it could be perfect, in my opinion at least. What about you, do you love it or prefer something else? Are there any features you'd like to see implemented? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 Replies
airda6
Astronaut
Options
Yes, love your idea. It would be awesome to color code tags or other features like calendar events.
And it would be awesome to tag multiple photos at once or select multiple photos at once to categorize and be able to search or sort through photos via category or tag. : )
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes